Post SHTF or TEOTWAWKI Movie Titles

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asia-Off-Grid, May 16, 2018.

1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

EOTWAWKI...... "Knowing" With Nicolas Cage.... Just watched this one again... Always makes the hairs on my neck stand, because; there is no way out.

2. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

I'm surprised I never saw this.

3. Asia-Off-Grid

Dunerunner likes this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

5. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

New on Netflix "How it Ends" does a few smart things. The writers have at least read some SHTF/WROL and done some other research. It has a few unexpected surprises that I appreciate and most of it IMO reasonably realistic for the scenario (won't spoil it) . Not perfect, but worth the watch and could have been a good series or mini series.

Motomom34, T. Riley and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  6. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

If you want to see where we are headed, go see Alpha. It's not TEOTWAWKI, it's long, long before it. Good movie, now I want a wolf.

3M-TA3, Dunerunner and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  7. Dunerunner

Always wanted to have a large dog, but after being around my Son-in-Law's 45lb 6 month old Chocolate Lab puppy, I have determined that their primal motivational instinct is to kill and eat you.

Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  8. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

Yeah, but the way a Lab kills is to lick you to death!

9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

It would be wise to know the mother and her personality and how that translates into her pups ,it is significant.
    Having a dog companion is smart if you learn to communicate . Most people have pets ,not companions.
    i have had a few good companion dogs through the years and they know your habits and you know theirs . 'best was an australian shepherd . Her mother was protective and ran with coyotes .
    On the OP ,
    "The Edge" is one of my favorites
    recently i saw "Out of the wild" and was a good eye opener to understand what survival is about.
    Certainly there are a lot of scenarios all the movies represent , and I'm sure most of us might choose a different path having seen the movie. few might even choose a different path during the movie with a greater understanding of what is likely ahead .
    It's a movie ,scripted and edited . we all understand that .
    In the movie "The Grey" I would have stayed with the plane knowing there is an ELT rescue plans would have to find.
    "Flight of the phenix " was a geat and represented ingenuity and genius that inspires me.
    "African Queen " again is a representation of american ingenuity and fortitude in the harshest of situations .
    There are so many more movies that teach us things .not necessarily fact ,but the drive to try something greater to survive.
    Tom Hanks learned from the locals how to make friction fire, (Cast away) and his enthusiasm after accomplishing it was genuine .
    Mine was the same.

10. Old one, but how about "Panic in Year Zero"? They make some difficult decisions.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Asia-Off-Grid likes this.
  11. Asia-Off-Grid

Just noticed another one, on a private torrent site of which I am a member. I'm going to download and watch this one, today.

Title: How It Ends
    Plot: A desperate man tries to return home to his pregnant fiancée after a mysterious apocalyptic event turns everything to chaos.

how-it-ends-1.

3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  12. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

A couple of old school flicks

Panic in the Year Zero - a jack web flick, and the grand-daddy of 'The Bomb' films

The Day of the Triffids is a 1962 British science fiction film in CinemaScope and Eastmancolor, produced by George Pitcher and Philip Yordan, and directed by Steve Sekely. It stars Howard Keel and Nicole Maurey, and is based on the 1951 novel of the same name by John Wyndham.

Pre-dates PITZ and introduces so-called "cosy catastrophe" where survivors are able to scrounge all manner of things - including food in seemingly unlimited amounts to carry on. A common theme/plot point even today.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    3M-TA3 and Motomom34 like this.
  13. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Post SHTF or TEOTWAWKI Movie Titles

Hillary Wins 2020 Presidential Election!

Asia-Off-Grid and oldawg like this.
  14. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

^^^^^^^^^ ohnoohno[gun][gun][kneelsuckers]

john316 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. Asia-Off-Grid

Definitely a fictional story. (y)

john316 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The World's Worst Disasters on Net Flix
    This actually plays the reality of "what happened", not the fantasy of what might happen.
    I cant say I enjoy it, but it is a real eye opener .
    All too often people see this stuff and say," well its not happening here, so I'm not worried" when the reality is , any one can be involved in some event be it car accident or natural disaster ,and being in denial only makes one a victim all the more, unable to cope with what needs to be done.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Gator 45/70 and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  18. Dunerunner

The talking (telepathically) dog lost me....

Gator 45/70 and Asia-Off-Grid like this.
  19. Asia-Off-Grid

I downloaded it and am just starting to watch it.

That, and a 26 years old Don Johnson playing an 18 years old, may be a bit over the top. I will see...

Gator 45/70 and Dunerunner like this.
  20. Dunerunner

His sniffing up girlfriends for Johnson is what eventually made me turn it off and delete it.. :cautious: That doesn't sound right...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  1. AgentPickle
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Thunder5Ranch
  7. Coyote Ridge
  8. hitchcock4
  9. phorisc
  10. john316
  11. Motomom34