Postal Shoot sponsored by Sadlak Industries

Discussion in 'Sadlak Industries' started by RightHand, May 3, 2012.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I am extremely pleased to announce the "First Annual Sadlak / Team M14 Postal Shoot"

Entry is totally FREE!!!

Who can enter? Only registered members of the Team M14 Forum may register. Not a member yet? Go to Team M14 Forum - Keepin it Real with Wood and Steel and join the fun. Don't forget to keep your eye out for "RightHand"

Prizes??? You betchya!!!

1st Prize - $150 gift certificate compliments of Sadlak Industries
    2nd Prize - $75 gift certificate compliments of Sadlak Industries
    3rd Prize - $25 gift certificate compliments of Sadlak Industries

Course of fire:

Rifles - Any .30 Caliber rifle

Ammo - Any type .30 cal ammo

Rounds - 30 rounds slow fire

10 Standing, 10 Sitting or Kneeling, and 10 Prone

Distance - 100 yds

Targets - SR-1 (downloadable at bottom of page)

Targets must be submitted with the following:

Name and address, username and rifle used.

Deadline: All targets must be received or post marked by 30 June 2012 no exceptions! There will be no extensions.

Please send targets to:

Postal Shoot
    P.O. Box 14
    Howes Cave, NY 12092

May the best shooters win!!!

Click here to view or download the file directly.

Sadlak / Team M14 Target

Right click on the target and click print.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

We need a girl like that on our front page...

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Hey RH, You do not specify the Range at which these targets are shot at..... One would assume 100 YDS, or 100 Meters, but it could be 100 Inches..... .... Even these Old tired eyes could do well at 100 Inches.... (y) YMMV....[stirpot]

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sorry BT - that's 100 yds

BTPost likes this.
  5. RightHand

If you're referring to "My first gun," circa 1951 in California. My brother and I played cowboys and indians with our cap guns and Hopalong Cassidy cloths. Original photo was among the box of photos that were stolen in one of the break ins a few years ago. Luckily, I had digitized it but I am missing the original and only have a thumbnail.

It's a shame what the kids today miss out on, playing shoot em up, the good guys battling the bad guys with guns and swords.

6. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I agree. Kids can't even have a BB gun fight anymore without saying no more than 2 pumps, etc. Bring back the good old days where one would pick embedded bbs out from under their skin and get a purple heart!

Can't even get away with making CO2 canister bombs with black powder without riling up the neighbors who call the police.....and for the matter, one can't even pour 5 gallons of gas in the middle of a dirt road anymore without the SWAT team being called out.......it just ain't what it used to be.

VisuTrac and STANGF150 like this.
  7. melbo

I once had a dream that I did all of the above and in roughly that same order. That may have been the same summer Clyde lowered the hearing capacity of my right ear.

VisuTrac likes this.
  8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

How big is the target? My printer won't handle anything more than 8.5X11

9. BTPost

Are you inferring, that OUR Clyde has a propensity to engage in the use of Energetic Materials...... Oh the Horror of the thought.... Way to much Fun being had, in those endeavors.... Me Thinks....[stirpot]

10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Clyde... Who can afford to waste 5 gallons of gas....;)

STANGF150 likes this.
  11. RightHand

That's fine ghrit - it's the NRA SR-1 200 yd target reduced fo 100 yds. The original is at bisonballistics.com (downloads)

12. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

OK Clyde, you probably just wound up on 6 more lists.

VisuTrac likes this.
  13. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

My Dad......this was 1986ish. It was cheap and it burned about 100x longer than Melbo and I expected. We had to belly crawl because the sheriff had their spot lights out, looking for for the perps.

BTPost, VisuTrac, tacmotusn and 2 others like this.
  14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Once upon a time, I was a wanted but unknown perp in both Illinois and in Indianna. Ah, the joy of the pranks of youth.
    Also I miss the pre helo / night vision escapades pulled off in the hours of darkness. Spotlights on cars, trucks and helos were just fine. Not many K-9 units existed for minor stuff, and the darkness was your friend.

STANGF150 and VisuTrac like this.
  15. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Not saying anything other than.
    good times, good times.

16. melbo

In this dream of 26 years ago, we didn't think of them as 'pipe bombs'. They were just homemade fireworks made from carefully extracted shotgun shell propellant from our Dad's birding vests, inserted into empty CO2 containers.

No property damage ensued nor did we have any intent to harm - kids like to blow s**t up sometimes. And light the road on fire - lol. Good thing they didn't have drones in those days, we were still able to belly crawl back to our 4 wheelers and bug out. Weird dream huh?

17. melbo

Yep -likes-

18. RightHand

Guess that even back then I was torn between being a mommy and being a renegade. Everyone kept saying it has to be one or the other and I kept asking why not until finally, I decided that in my world, it could be both

Seacowboys likes this.
  19. BTPost

They had 4 Wheelers back in THAT Day????? Oh Crap, I keep forgetting you guys are just Kids.... and I am NOW, The Old Fart, in my circles.... Getting Old, Blows....

20. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7