PostSHTF farming implements

Discussion in 'The Green Patch' started by WestPointMAG, Apr 9, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Tractor Supply sells them around here as well as Big R stores, also Northern Tools online. If your welding/fabrication skills are good, you can build one yourself. I've built several over the years. As far as the plan for fuel, I personally think you are better off continuing to add to your fuel stockpiles instead of the oil thing. A lot of these Mini tractors (and most all newer ones) have pretty sensitive fuel systems/filters. I would also suggest that you install an oversize muffler, or at least have one(and try it beforehand) to help keep the noise down some. I have a large muffler for my welder that while looks dorky, quiets it down A LOT. JMT's

2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

And possibly fertilizer.......

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Yup, two job openings:
    1) P&W: plower, planter, weeder, waterer, picker, preserver
    2) fertilizer

4. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

I have a 12 HP Sears tractor also from Our old Neighbour of 98 years old of yesterday. His Late wife bought it with every option that was on the tractor page flyer . I have that flyer & all the manuals with the equipment ..
    We call the Tractor "Franky" & franky lives with a 3 Kubotas and many other types of machinery .

Sloth

Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Think of the load you asking that tractor,and the load that tractor is designed for.
    Ploughing is very hard work.
    Practice with what you've got now and see just how well it stands up to the demand you expect of it .
    Plan on parts and repairs in the future carb kits, starters pinion gears bearings tires and tubes and so on/
    for the plough plan on replacing joints and areas that flex and blades that dig , I recommend hard facing rod .
    I have a 9N ford that needs some love but usually starts and runs fine but uses a lot of oil . it's old like me.
    Having a loading bucket is the most important thing because lifting stuff is an every day thing and if you don't have lift equipment and hope to survive, forget farming.
    Every thing I can I have at least a small crane for lifting ." Harbor freight helps' .

6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I would expect to see whips chains and shackles become popular in agriculture after shtf.

Ganado likes this.
  7. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

I'm already post SHTF, and am figuring that there will be no fuel to run those powered garden tools when it hits everybody else.

My list of garden tools in order of importance.
    1. mattock
    2. posthole diggers
    3. hoe
    4. shovel
    5. hard tooth rake
    6. sling blade for mowing
    7. others, but none I couldn't live without. Stout leather gloves for using all the above.

No fuel and not enough mules to go around. In the 1860's Midwest a farmer was supposed to be able to till 40 acres and work it all year with only a thick toothed pitchfork. I sold off all my exercise equipment 3 years ago - don't need it anymore, and sleep like a baby at night.

Ganado likes this.
  8. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I see no reason to wait until SHTF to enjoy,err use the above[whipem]

VisuTrac likes this.
  1. chelloveck
  2. Alanaana
  3. Alanaana
  4. Alanaana
    A total game changer!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 5, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  5. Alanaana
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 2, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
    Media

New_digs

I think they approved of their new digs.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
    I 3D printed dome connectors
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 4 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
    Another quail dome after dark.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 5 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  10. Alanaana
    Media

Baby_quail

Welcome to the world, Little One!
  11. Alanaana
    Media

Feeding_time

Quails!
  12. Alanaana
    Media

Flock

Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 25, 2023, 2 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  13. Alanaana
    Everyone loves a room with a good view!
  14. Alanaana
  15. Alanaana
    These quail egg clippers are a game changer!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  16. Alanaana
  17. Alanaana
  18. Alanaana
    Media

First_eggs

I was so thrilled to find that first set of eggs!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  19. Alanaana
    Media

Free_range

It was a dream come true to have a free-range flock!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 23, 2023, 2 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  20. Alanaana
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7