Prayer Closet

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Minuteman, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Please say a prayer for my 92 year old grandmother to have a speedy recovery. She fell and broke her hip yesterday and had surgery today. They placed pins to repair the hip. So frail....yet a tough old bird.
    Thank you
    YD

2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Our thoughts are with you and your Grandmother YD, and our prayers are upward bound.

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Prayers sent. My Grandmother is 99, and I worry about that kind of stuff with her, a lot. Hope for a full and speedy recovery.

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Yard Dart sending your Grandma prayers and get well wishes.

Yard Dart likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Prayers sent....

Yard Dart likes this.
  6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Thank you all... It is hard to watch her go thru the pain.... they medicated here to a good snore after surgery and she is sleeping well right now. Tomorrow they should have her up and moving per the nurse.... they are going to have so much "fun" with her barking at them, once she gets out of the fog of drugs they have her on. :rolleyes:

7. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

prayers on the way and will continue.

Yard Dart likes this.
  8. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Prayers of intercession for your grandmother

9. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Praying for you and your family!

Yard Dart likes this.
  10. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

Prayers sent. I know pain management has come a long way since I had my femur shoved through my pelvis. I didn't sleep for weeks. I went manic. They finally dosed me with Valium on top of the Morphine. I'ld sleep for an hour or two and then yell at everybody until the next dose. I was a bad patient. Glad she is in good hands.

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  11. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Prayers sent. Hope the healing goes well.

Yard Dart likes this.
  12. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

we will keep you in our prayers...

13. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just a quick drop in.....I "see" a lot of y'all all over the internest....(my word since I have been in bed for 3 weeks...:) ) I have made it past the 1% probability of making it a year,.....apparently I have had this about 17 months.....I just got out of the hospital....Pneumonia and anemia...pretty sick. But I'm tough when I want to be....I am now on a new medicine that has had incredible results in Europe...it's immunotherapy, not chemotherapy....It increases the odds, and while I hate numbers....(I'm a human being, NOT a number) it calmed me somewhat when I saw it.....Still accepting prayers to the deity of your choice....and grateful for them.......This heat isn't helping, but I force myself to get out and do something.....Lost a good deal of weight as food is just blech....nothing sounds good. I can't even look at chocolate!
    Anyway....this is the medicine if anyone is interested......every two weeks through my port, and blood work in between.....
    The good news is my hair is growing back now! lol.....and it's a pretty color. Oh, and I'm going to be a grandmother again in November!! So,see? I have to make it......

New cancer drugs wake up sleeping killer T cells | Science News

melbo, HK_User, Dont and 9 others like this.
  14. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

CRC,
    keep up the good fight. life is precious. wish you only the best and pray for same. Anne Bonny is fine. we avoid the heat. Tac

15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

A lot of could, mights, we thinks, and such, but it sounds very good, overall.
    Best of luck, and knee-mail outbound.

CRC likes this.
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Congratulations on the up-coming bundle of joy! That is happy news. Glad you stopped by and gave us an up-date. Sending lots of prayers, strength and good wishes your way.

CRC likes this.
  17. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If I know you, you'll hold onto the good news, endure what must be endured and come out swinging. You're a tough old broad and are in my daily thoughts

CRC, Ganado and BTPost like this.
  18. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Congrats... on both your new grandchild and your perseverance... we will keep you in our prayers...

CRC likes this.
  19. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I have a co-worker that could use a prayer boost. She is a very kind and decent person to whom God has given great challenges.
    She is wheelchair bound and in constant pain from a number of afflictions, now having osteoarthritis so bad she has trouble holding things. She also has two special needs children that she is raising alone. Her ex-husband was abusive and has threatened her even after the divorce and held her at gun point last year. I could go on and on with her difficulties...

In spit of all this she is always helpful and professional and somehow doesn't let it prevent her from doing her job. She takes excellent care of her children. Truly an outstanding person.

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

One going up for 3M-TA3's coworker.

CRC and 3M-TA3 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7