Prayer Closet

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Minuteman, Jan 10, 2011.

1. SurvivalTech

SurvivalTech Monkey

Thank you bro

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Please put my little sister in your prayers. She and her husband were hit by a car while walking back from the firework show in her town. She is currently in neurosurgery. Also pray that the driver has the conscience enough understand what he did. And maybe a prayer that I don't find the driver before the police.

http://www.uppermichiganssource.com/news/story.aspx?id=772887

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Done!!

4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Sorry man, That's a tough one. God Bless you all.

5. VisuTrac

She is finally gone now as they removed her from life support.
    Please send prayers for her husband and our parents so they can grieve and bear the loss of Karin.

6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Our deepest sympanthy to you and your family.... we will keep you ni our prays...

7. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

We are praying for you and your family and grieve with you for your loss.Know that you are not alone!

8. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I am sorry to hear of your families loss, we (Tracy and I) are thinking of you during this difficult time.

ETA: I hope they catch the SOB that drove away.

9. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Done !!!!!!!!!!!
    And please let us know how things go !!

10. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Prayers, for her loss, to all who loved her.

11. VisuTrac

Thank you everyone for you heart felt condolences and kind words. They are indeed comforting. One thing that I've learn from my sister in her passing is that she gave of her self right to the end.
    She had signed up for the organ donation program.
    Right now there are 4 more families out there that her passing on has allow to have a chance at living long full lives, were it not for her selfless wish their chances would have been diminished day by day.

It seems that she had a rather rare doner blood type b- (less than 2% of the population), and today there were private jets and helicopters flying in patients for a chance at a new life into Marquette.

My sister just happened to be an adventurous little triathelete so someone is getting themselves a hell of a power-packed ticker. She was also able to provide someone with a pair of kidneys. Someone got a pancreas. And another got a new liver.

I'm pretty sure there are a number of exhausted surgical teams in Marquette, recovering patients and hopeful families.

So my little sister still live on in not only our memories, but a piece of her will live on inside of 4 other individuals that may be returned to their loved ones.

12. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

That is a wonderful Gift, to make, as you leave this world......

13. Smitty

Smitty Monkey+

So very sorry for your loss. I have two family members who have been organ recipients and know the gift of life your sister has given. Prayers for your family and for the recovery of those she has blessed.

14. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Sorry for your loss VT and I know I speak for all Monkeys when I say lean on us if you feel the need. Prayers out for you and yours. oldawg

15. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

When one of our own suffers such a devastating loss, its hard to know what to say. What comfort can be offered that will be meaningful? Those of us who pray to any God will certainly think of Karin and your family in our daily rememberances and those of us who do not pray to any God will also think of you all with no less care and concern. My hope for you and the rest of Karin's family is that in time, you will know a peaceful heart where memories will hold more joy than pain

BTPost and Cephus like this.
  16. VisuTrac

And they caught the idiot hit and run driver.

Now we just need see how it plays out in the justice system. No punishment will EVER bring back my sister. And in my opinion, the penalties for hit and run are way to lenient. 5k fine and maybe 5 years behind bars?

Thank you everyone for your kind words and prayers. They are indeed comforting.

17. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

he would be looking at 10 to 20 instead of 5 years... death during the comission of a felony...

18. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Will be praying around a flag pole with about a half dozen churches at 7 pm. Will lift your sister's family/friends to the throne room Silence. Now I just pray for your peace. Four people being blessed by her--that is wonderful. My best friend received a kidney several years ago that saved his life. She must have been one tremendous lady--please share with her husband that many here are praying for them during this most difficult time.

19. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

AlaskaChick and I would ask all our Monkey Friends to pray a prayer for our youngest daughter. Her husband has been missing since friday morning. She was informed by a local Police Officer and Chapin, that his body was found this evening,and he is deceased. No more details are being released until the investigation is completed. Your prayers, along with ours and our whole extended family's, are, and will be greatly appreciated. Momma will be flying to Austin, Tx to be with her, as soon as we can get arrangements made. I have to return to Alaska on Friday. We are still a bit in schock, but the Lord our God, will see us all through, this time of grief... Thank You all, for your friendship, and whatever prayers you care to offer. Bruce....

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Done. Best wishes and condolences.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7