Prayers Needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, Mar 22, 2009.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Many of you know that I left my position as Salvage Master with a major international salvage company last year but I did not bother to mention why I made that decision. This was a major step towards completing my preparations for whatever might come down the pipe. Outwardly, it didn't make a lot of economic sense to leave a position for another for less than a third of the salary and benefits but I had already been stranded in a third-world hell-hole for many months on more than one occasion and do not want to take that chance any more now that the shit is sliding faster towards the fan. It has truly been a blessing to be at home with my family for the first real time in nearly thirty years. We have put in a garden, an orchard, a fish farm, a rabbit farm, bees, an arbor, and have been steadily whittling away at the unending list of other items required for self-sufficiency with a vengance.
    I have been fortunate enough to have a small community of preppers and we have been helping one another to survive the collapse of our economic system and most anything else that develops. We have enough to share with all of our extended families and this is by design. We have goals and are working very hard to reach them. God has been very kind to us. Today, I gave my step-son a BOB. I also gave him a hand-gun with ammo and extra magazines and a 12 gauge pump with an assortment of ammo.
    Yesterday, I baked bread after grinding flour with our mill. We had a fine meal that came entirely from our labor, a few seeds, and what we could catch. I think that salt and yeast were the only store-bought things we used. I can regulate the production of our rabbits and fish to several times what we actually eat and have already bartered meat for labor on a coiuple of occassions.
    When I said that prayers were needed, I do not mean to ask for anything for myself but I want to ask you to pray to give thanks for the ability to plan and prepare for the things beyond our control We always seem to take it for granted, the many blessings that we have been given and blessed we surely are.Those of us that refuse to hide our heads in the sand and wait for what we are entitled too, are the blessed few. I want to remember to thank god for the means to solve so many problems> this is not going to be an easy row to hoe, my friends, but with hard work and planning, we can not only survive difficult times but we can maintain our dignity and humanity and charity. May god bless you one and all.
    PS
    My darling wife is having three vertebrae replaced in her neck this Thursday and I would really appreciate a little prayer there too.

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Amen to being able to see the need for preps and the foresight to act in anticipation.

I will certainly keep your wife in my prayers. I know what a long recovery time may be needed but thanks to the changes you have made in the past year, you will be there to help and support her in her rehab.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Done.
    Both.

4. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

Your wisdom is greatly appreciated and your family will be in my prayers.

5. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Prayers for strength and a quick recovery, as well as those of thanks.

6. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

AMEN TO THAT !!!

I'll put your wife on the list until you say different .

M/G/B/Y/A

7. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

prayers sent

8. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Kudos on all the work, and being ready...!

Prayers being sent for a successful surgery, quick recovery...and some to guide her Dr as well.

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

good luck,hope your wife's procedure goes "smoothly".

10. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

You got them Sea! Your sacrifice will pay off.

11. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Prayers sent

12. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Done man.

13. jim2

jim2 Monkey+++

Prayer sent! God bless you all!

jim

14. Gnarly

Gnarly Authority Questioner

I admire what you've done...and will be in prayer for your Lady.

----Gnarly [troll]

15. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Prayers sent.

16. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

Sea hope all is well out thoughts are with you and your family always

17. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Any updates ? hows she doing?

18. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

The Surgery went very well and she is recovering as good as can be expected. A very heart-felt Thanks for all the prayers.

19. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

[applaud] That's excellent news. I know the recovery will take some time but she will be in my thoughts. It's not easy surgery.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7