"Preachers of LA" - Reality TV - We're all doomed.

Discussion in 'Faith and Religion' started by Mindgrinder, Jul 8, 2013.

1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

*sigh*

2. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Have never understood how a real pastor can live in opulence while some in his congregation go hungry, wanting, or homeless. Jesus said that birds of the air have nests...but the Son of Man did not have a place to lay His head. There is some difference between the two it seems. One church I know personally of in Charlotte is very largely black--the "preacher" lives in an ornate mansion on expansive grounds. There is gold looking raised panels on the 40' wide front porch. Large and expensive autos sit in the garage and drives. Just down the highway a bit is the church and slums around it. The parishioners have this man elevated to a god like status. That is not the way Jesus did things when here on earth. He was a modest man of modest means. Paul seldom took money but worked where ever he went as a tent maker. He did use money sent but only to live on and minister with. Today's "evangelists" often have Lear/or better jets to zoom around in and live in royal like dwellings. Billy Graham has investments but lives in a quiet little town in the NC mts.

jim2, Sapper John and Yard Dart like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

The Parables of Jesus

Scripture: Matthew 25:14-30 (see also Luke 19:12-27)

(This COULD be read as " look after my interests, and you will have abundance/ plenty", though i would like to see more go the flock than to the Shepard.)

But his master answered him, `You wicked and slothful servant! You knew that I reap where I have not sowed, and gather where I have not winnowed? 27 Then you ought to have invested my money with the bankers, and at my coming I should have received what was my own with interest. 28 So take the talent from him, and give it to him who has the ten talents. 29 For to every one who has will more be given, and he will have abundance; but from him who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 30 And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness; there men will weep and gnash their teeth.'

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7