Prep/Survival networking on fb

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beano, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Beano

Beano Monkey

Hey all....this may or may not suit you, as I know that facebook is basically where OPSEC goes to die, but if you want to check it out, I did and it has the potential to be useful, depending on what your objectives are.

Patriot Team is a series of closed groups on facebook that just went live this morning. The link here is for the breadbasket states; they are grouped by regions.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/PatriotTeam6/

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

A "closed group" on FaceBook is a farce.

Cops have access to everything on there . . . they don't need to be friends with you to view everything you have. FB is good for info gathering--one way communication. You should never converse on it unless you're willing to show the whole world.

Example here: she's not friends with any cops and had maximum security on her FB page, yet cops had access to everything . . . how did that happen? (rhetorical)
    'I Love Mass Destruction': Meet the Glamorous Gun-Toting College Student Arrested On Explosives, Firearms and Drugs Charges | Guns | Fox Nation

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. Beano

Beano Monkey

Well, that's true....I meant closed as in one has to request access. Facebook is the leakiest sieve on le interwebz.

4. DMGoddess

DMGoddess Monkey+++

I don't join groups like that on FB. I look at the public ones, glean useful links and info, but I never join them. You might as well send your complete resume to Washington.

5. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I am glad to see folks on these sites are trying to educate others, there are certainly plenty that need it.

Thus far, most information I have sought after could be found here and if not somebody here knew where to find it. I can not speak highly enough about this site, the members and the wealth of information on the walls here.

I have always been of the Preparedness mindset, just not on the level this site affords. I think most people do not realize how much they already know about being prepared and just might not realize it, as I did.

Beano and tulianr like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7