Preparedness Quiz

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Motomom34, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The original quiz had no way to lose so I am swapping original link with a different one. Good Luck
    Emergency Preparedness Quiz
    I got 83% on this one..

This on-line quiz is titled: How Prepared Are You When Disasters Strike? It tests your knowledge. This is a no way to fail this quiz. Some are worried about IP collecting or spam. Take at your own risk.
    How Prepared Are You When Disasters Strike?

I will admit I did not agree with all the answers but I took the quiz as a basic prepper, one that has not spent years learning how to survive and getting ready for S to HTF.

My results:
    The Ultimate Prepper!
    You have attained a definite sense of self-confidence with well rounded prepping skills. Your survival knowledge is impeccable. You should be able to survival any disasters with ease. If today is end of the world, you will be relaxing drinking beers at a beach somewhere tomorrow.

There is one question that I debated how to answer so I chose the government recommended answer. I am curious how others will score on this quiz. I wonder if it is a quiz.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  2. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

100%...some of the answers were kind of sketchy
    "If today is end of the world, you will be relaxing drinking beers at a beach somewhere tomorrow. " THIS, i totally disagree with.

Oddcaliber, Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
  3. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

YOU GOT
    The Ultimate Prepper!

I guessed on the gas mask. I have an MSA full face

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I think most of the choices prove you basically couldn't miss unless you chose to.
    I got 100% as well .

UncleMorgan and Motomom34 like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

LOL! I believe you can't really miss on some of the answers. The face mask and the water choices seemed to have many winning answers.

UncleMorgan likes this.
  6. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Some of the assumptions were just flat-out wrong.

You don't need to boil water 5 mins to "purify" it. Or one minute, either. Or ten seconds.

By the time it comes to a boil anything in the water that could harm you (if alive) is no longer alive.

Of course, you may still have to worry about contaminants (poisons), so it's better just skip all the maybes and distill the water.

I can't make fire by grinding leaves, but I can make fire by rubbing a Boy Scout's hind legs together...

duane, SB21 and Motomom34 like this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

A few questions had possible multiple answers I believe. But I got the Ultimate. Thanks for the quiz MM.

Motomom34 likes this.
  8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

"You got 15 questions correct: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
    YOU GOT

The Ultimate Prepper!"

But, several answers they listed as "correct" were blatantly wrong, not agreeing with mine. Not sure what they meant by that.

Bandit99 and Motomom34 like this.
  9. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

So, I played real stupid and am still an ultimate prepper. Makes me wonder what this site is going to do with my IP address.

Motomom34, HK_User, techsar and 2 others like this.
  10. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I was looking for the answer that said "You gather your family in your truck and take turns being pulled up and down the flooded streets in a row boat."

Motomom34 and Zimmy like this.
  11. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Or a Surfboard,,,,

Zimmy likes this.
  12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Now that you have visited that website, are you sure there was no probe into your HDD?

Dunerunner, HK_User and SB21 like this.
  13. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

The Ultimate Prepper!

Motomom34 likes this.
  14. BenP

BenP Monkey++

Ultimate. I have arrived.

Motomom34 likes this.
  15. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

It wouldn't surprise me if everybody on this site is an ultimate prepped!

Motomom34 likes this.
  16. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I agree. I think it would be hard to fail that quiz. But it was fun and got me thinking. Maybe there is a better quiz out there.

techsar likes this.
  17. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Took it again and tried to pick the worst answers...

You got 15 questions correct: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
    YOU GOT

You Are Clueless!
    Summary
    # Your Answer Status Correct Answer
    1 Leave water in a bowl under the sun for at least 1 hour Correct Boiling water at least 5 minutes then run it through a portable water filter
    2 You will die 3 hours without shelter Correct You will die 3 minutes without air!
    3 Lock all doors and windows, duct tape all doors and windows around the house and wait for further government official's instruction. Correct Pack your truck with survival supplies and wait for further government official's instructions.
    4 A loaded gun Correct A gallon of water
    5 Quickly purchase materials for sandbags and build a wall around your house. Correct Pack your truck with survival supplies and drive your family away from the coast
    6 You turn around and park your car about quarter mile away and walk slowly to the wreck and investigate the accident. Correct You slowly push the car with your own vehicle aside so you can get by
    7 You quickly drive yourself to the supermarket and load up on food, water and supplies Correct You quickly drive yourself to the supermarket and load up on food, water and supplies
    8 You quickly put on your jacket and start walking down the road and look for houses or other cars for help! Correct You quickly put on your jacket and start walking down the road and look for houses or other cars for help!
    9 3M 53P71 Half-Face Respirator Correct CHIEF Advantage 1000 Riot Control Gas Mask
    10 Battery method Correct Soda can and chocolate method
    11 Find damp soil and dig down using a stick to find ground water Correct Follow animal tracks & droppings to look for water source like rivers and lakes
    12 Heat Rash Correct Heat exhaustion
    13 Try to get the bullet out with a knife ASAP Correct Try to get the bullet out with a knife ASAP
    14 It's a form of heart condition cause by stress Correct It's a form of heart condition cause by stress
    15 Plug in the wall outlet

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  18. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

If that's the case,,,it may have just been an IP collection scam... Get ready for the junk mail

19. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Their privacy blub said they do not do that. So I will alter my OP but here is another quiz. I got 83%.

Emergency Preparedness Quiz

SB21 likes this.
  20. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Unfortunately, the site wouldn't load completely for me. I don't feel like asking my bear to dig a tunnel to the US at the moment.

It is 05:05 and I am very prepared. Hot cocoa in hand, while reading SMF threads. :)

SB21 and techsar like this.
  1. Thunder5Ranch
  2. john316
  3. Motomom34
  4. T. Riley
  5. HK_User
  6. hot diggity
  7. DarkLight
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Motomom34
  11. Zimmy