Prepper Compulsions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by STANGF150, Dec 17, 2011.

1. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I know we Prepper Monkeys have a compulsion to stock up on things. But lately I can not resist ANY good deals on Ammo. Its like I can't help myself. God knows I prolly have enough 5.56/.223 to wear out the barrels on all my ARs but I still feel the NEED for even more Ammo!!!

Was at Walmart earlier, the had 420 rd M855 62gr ammo cans from Federal, even though the Ammo has Lake City headstamps, for $129 here. I bought both the ammo cans they had left. The 1 in 9 Twist rate of my AR barrels seem to prefer 62 gr.

I've heard it said that sum preppers like Avarice are feeling this "Gotta Hurry" urge to stock up & prepare even more. I think it may be even affecting ME!!!

Call it a wild hunch but I suspect that in January when I get my Reloading Press, I think I'll prolly be working up my prefered straightwall pistol loadings rather quick & then ordering craploads of components. An it might not be as long as I think it will before I think I'm experienced enough to start trying bottleneck rifle rounds like .223/5.56

An yes, I fully know that the two biggest stockpiling compulsions that Preppers have is Ammo & TP. LoL

Falcon15, VHestin, Pax Mentis and 3 others like this.
  2. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

I'm doing the same. My main priority now is clothing(shoes, gloves, socks, etc) and bedding.

3. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

just remember too.. Iraq is now over. Milsurp ammo will be ALL OVER the place.

4. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Not really. They are just rotating the troops to different battlefields. I hear from a little bird I am good friends with in the "know" the troops are very likely destined for places like Syria and potentially Iran.

5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

More of 0bama's take out the government then wait and watch to see which extremist group takes over?

;)

6. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Zactly. I have another friend, on a "special forces" team...THE Special Forces that others train with, if you get my drift, who is headed out to Iran in less than a week. YMMV. Ears open, eyes focused.

Destabilizing oil prices plays into TPTB's hands. The end game is nigh folks.

dragonfly and BTPost like this.
  7. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

I wish them well.. but seriously.. What the FAWK!! haven't we been in war long enough? [gun]

Falcon15 likes this.
  8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Special Operations are there and they weren't part of the RA's exit. They were there long before others came and will be there long after others leave. It is the nature of the game.

dragonfly likes this.
  9. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Nope, there is still money to be made!

The end of hostilities would be bad for the numbers for the quarter and future profits.

We can't let that happen. To WAR To WAR.

10. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I need more...of everyting, will try to concentrate soley on foods for now!

11. flyboy207

flyboy207 Monkey+

I'm guessing putting a large contengency back in Kuwait.....we still have a lot of machinery there......

12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I am concentrating more on fuel, and tools/building materials now, but still stocking food too.
    Beginning to get into solar too. I don't see myself going totally 'off-grid' any time soon, but can really cut my dependence and expenses.
    War is always with us - for Congress and the Illegal Presidency, "War is good for business!"
    Scratch that cheap surplus ammo - this misadministration will either give it to our unfriendlies, or destroy it according to UN 'Small Arms Control' mandates. There have already been instancesof shiploads of it sitting ready to be imported, but destroyed instead, rather than having us 'Homegrown Terrorists' buy it.......

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7