Presidential Coup D'etat?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by melbo, Mar 9, 2012.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

The following is text (file attached below) from a letter written by President Obama to the President Pro Tempore of the US Senate and the Speaker of the House, as his notification to Congress that he had directed the use of offensive military force after being authorized to do so by the UN. He does not mention his failure to secure Congressional approval under the Constitution for the USA.

Which prompted House Resolution 107 (also attached below):

Attached Files:

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Well. And we heard nothing of the resolution that I remember, and certainly nothing happened reflective of it. Upsetting.

3. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

Presidents have been beyond the Constitution since "honest" Abe used the very first executive order to do something OUTSIDE the executive branch and got away with it.

Had he been impeached and removed from office at that time, perhaps the long road to our current form of "elected kings" would have been stopped. I guess we'll never know.

tulianr, Seawolf1090 and oldawg like this.
  4. melbo

Interesting assertion by Panetta:

Obama Admin Cites 'Int'l Permission,' Not Congress, As 'Legal Basis' For Action In Syria - YouTube

5. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Considering the men & women in uniform retain the right to refuse unconstitutional orders I would have to say that those who engaged in the Libya mission are traitors to the people of the United States and should be treated no differently than those who gave the orders. Following orders has never been a defense for those fighting on the side of defeated nations and it shouldn't be a defense for our own forces. Might sound harsh, but the fact of the matter is that if push comes to shove We the People need the bulk of the armed forces to stand up for the Constitution and this Libya ordeal has done nothing but show that there is a strong probability that many will follow the orders of King Obama regardless of their own beliefs.

6. melbo

The problem with that is that one must also know that there is a constitutional problem with the order. I bet 95% of the folks out there don't realize nor care how the power to declare war is derived.

7. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Those in command of warships knew better as would the pilots involved. Wouldn't the pilots be officers, which would indicate some level of education?
    Also those who confiscated the weapons of American citizens in the aftermath of Katrina knew full well they were violating the rights of the people. A few refused, many carried out their mission and followed orders just like good little robots running a program.

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

The United States Of America no longer has a 'president'. It is being led by a "United Nations Assistant Secretary General". bobo is beholden to foreign interests and follows THEIR dictats.

[kneelsuckers]

Redneck Rebel and oldawg like this.
  9. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

the US no longer is a Constitutional Republic, and has never been in any of our lifetimes.

The federal government was created by the states voluntarily joining in a "union". When the membership was no longer optional, it was no longer a Republic.

We stopped even pretending this was a Republic when the states' representation was taken away.

everything that's happened since is just racing for the end at varying rates.

There hasn't been a War since 1945, why is this any different? At least be consistent.

10. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

There is no more getting out of the Union. Just ask any of the states that tried back in the 1860's.

Cephus likes this.
  11. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Can someone tell me why the EFF we needed legislation introduced to impeach this son of a bitch? We already have that on the books.. IMPEACH HIM NOW!! NOW NO WNOW NOW NOWNOWNOWNONWONWONOWNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seawolf1090, Cephus and Redneck Rebel like this.
  12. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Gotta love it, we're going to ask NATO then inform you. Pretty damn brazen with how they do not care about Congress' power and the Constitution. The hearing gives the appearance to the sheep we still have a Democracy.

They did the same thing with Libya, which set the precedence for this Administration.

13. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

No, actually we didn't even ask the UN, the UN told him to and he just did it and then informed Congress.

As sad as that is, only one person out of the 232 up there had the courage to write him up for breaking the law.

Makes me sad and that's why I'm afraid.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7