-Preventing Medical Errors- Your First Aid Training, Supplies & Literature

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Yard Dart, May 4, 2016.

?
  1. Basic First Aid/CPR

2. Life Guard Certification

3. Formal Medical Certification- Dr, Nursing, PA, Dental

4. Military- Combat Lifesaver Course or Equivalent

5. Independent Medical Training- Dark Angel or other training groups/programs.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Our medical professionals, around the world, make errors that do not effectively help people with their sickness, injure them worse, accidentally cut off the wrong part during surgery or potentially kill the patient... on a daily basis.

If SHTF, you will be on your own most likely when it comes to medical care for you and yours..... be it basic first aid; treatment of an illness, wounds, broken bones, dental issues and so on. How are you prepared for everything from basic first aid to advanced skills, have you done structured training courses, online lessons, independent study.... to learn to perform these necessary task effectively? Have you studied the use of plants to do natural herbal remedies and are you incorporating those plants into your garden? Do you have an IFAK for each member; do you have a well stocked first aid kit; how are your BOB/GHB med supplies; have you invested in a surgical/dental tool set and so on? Have you addressed the needed supplies and methods to provide for a sanitary treatment area, to provide proper medical care? Have you addressed your library needs for medical literature, to use as reference materiel for diagnoses, treatments and procedures? What are your weakness's and how might you overcome them?

Having a tourniquet and some blood-clot supplies does you no good, if you do not know how to properly apply them..... and the prevention of medical errors, requires you to know and practice proficiently. How are you doing with this important aspect of your prep's?

Third leading cause of death in the US is surprising

upload_2016-5-4_9-36-45.

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Dunerunner, chelloveck, stg58 and 2 others like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

I supported myself as a lifeguard in my late teens, attaining a Senior Life Saving cert. from the Red Cross, Certified Rescue Swimmer in the service, Basic CPR/Medical while employed along with a Major Emergency Medical cert. from the same agency. I try to stay current. I am also PADI certified recreational Open Water Diver.

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  1. Garand69
  2. hot diggity
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Yard Dart
  6. fl4848
  7. Motomom34
  8. Motomom34
  9. TheJackBull
  10. Matei
  11. Matei