Priceless!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, May 12, 2014.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Georgia_Boy, swampbilly, Mike and 5 others like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

You have to wonder what triggered the idea. Neat.

swampbilly and Mike like this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

:5s:

4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Yep. When hunting, cows and horses will follow you around if they know you are there. If makes hunting near them harder, and can give you away to deer.

5. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

Yeah, wandering around in my pasture at night or in the early morning hours (if the livestock dogs didn't eat the person) would be a group affair. When I walk through the pasture at night, it becomes a convoy of horses and goats, all looking for a treat or just satisfying their curiosity. Good luck sneaking up on a deer.

swampbilly, Mike and kellory like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Try deer hunting on horse back, That is not only fun but can get real interesting in a hurry.

Sapper John, tulianr and kellory like this.
  7. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

With my luck, I would get a horse that is gun shy...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I used to be with a Back Country Horesman group around here and we would do some deep country rides.... one year a dear bolted out on the trail.... the horse shot uphill in suprise.... and I was left hanging mid air till I hit the ground and rolled down hill a bit.... dern horse....

9. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Stuff it's ears with cotton balls, Hog hunting on horse back chasing a pack of dogs is another way to get that pulse up, Some just wade in with a Bowie knife once the dogs have the hog down or you could just tie the pig up and haul it out alive ?

Sapper John likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7