Primer shortage

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by poacher, May 8, 2007.

1. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Ok I heard about this a few days ago and so I did some checking. There is indeed a primer shortage. The supply house where I buy my reloading stuff said that they are getting in just a trickle of primers from Remington and Federal. They even reduced their normal order down to 300,000 primers to see if they could get some in faster, no dice.

They did say that right now Winchester primers and CCI's are still coming in but the last time they ordered there was a little longer wait before they got primers from Winchester. Currently it seems that CCI's are the only primers that are delivering like clockwork. Remember primers stay good for a long time if kept cool and dry.

Take care Be safe Poacher.

2. Mortis

Mortis Snake Eater

Remington and Federal have some huge Government ammo orders they are working to fill. They have to have primers to fill them.

3. poacher

poacher Monkey+++ Founding Member

Mort, True Fed and Rem have been going non stop trying to fill ammo orders I'm just glad I use Winchesters lol. But there are some that don't. For those I suggest if your store has em. buy em if not improvise.
    Take care Be safe Poacher.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7