Primitive traps

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by Bishop, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

New bird trap works KIMG0331.

AD1 and kellory like this.
  2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

These traps are really nice, and I'm sure they're effective, but there is one I've wanted to try that hasn't been mentioned. It's the den trap.
    Since I have done no more than gather some materials to start this project, I'm curious if others have used this style of game harvest?

3. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Is it where you build a tunnel about 6 feet long and at the end put a bigger box with a door at the top and set it out in the woods for a few months then go open the door with the tunnel blocked off.

4. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

That's the one, but I understand that there has to be the appearance of two tunnels at the surface. Like a left and right exit, so the animal feels he has an escape path. These both lead to the single main tunnel, but he doesn't sense that.

5. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

The one I have made I make with one tunnel about 8 inches hole with a 14 inch wide 20 inch long I have had hispi cotton rats snakes coons a bat they work but hard to target one type of animal.

6. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Dove caught in my net tunnel trap. KIMG0377. KIMG0380. KIMG0378. KIMG0382. KIMG0382.

kellory and AxesAreBetter like this.
  1. chelloveck
  2. chelloveck
  3. chelloveck
  4. Alanaana
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
    Media

Pig

It was the 1st hog I caught in my snare!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Mar 14, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  8. Alanaana
  9. Alanaana
  10. plumberroy
  11. Aspiring_Caveman
  12. Coyote Ridge
  13. Coyote Ridge
  14. Dunerunner
  15. DKR
  16. AxesAreBetter
  17. The_Prepared
  18. sdr
  19. chelloveck