Printing solution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mariesays, Apr 7, 2023.

1. Mariesays

Mariesays Monkey

I recently tried to print my own fabric using a digital printing method, but I noticed that the colors on the printed fabric came out faded and dull compared to my original design. Can anyone provide guidance on how to achieve vibrant and accurate colors when printing on fabric using a digital printing technique? Are there any specific settings or color management techniques that I should be aware of to ensure high-quality color reproduction on fabric? Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I don't know much if anything about digital fabric printing but I would suppose that there would be some color fastening process to set the ink / dye by heat etc to the fabric. I found the following website informative. Organic based vegetable and fruit dyes typically use a mordant to fix the organic dye to the fabric...perhaps the same techniques are used for fixing fabric printer dyes / inks?

https://www.hollyflower.com/digital-printing-on-fabric

Last edited: Apr 7, 2023
    Dunerunner likes this.
  3. Mariesays

Mariesays Monkey

Thank you for your response! You're right, digital fabric printing typically involves a color fastening process to set the ink or dye onto the fabric. Heat is often used to fix the dyes or inks onto the fabric, similar to how mordants are used in organic-based vegetable and fruit dyes to fix the color to the fabric. The website you shared was informative, and it's interesting to see how different techniques are used in fabric printing.

chelloveck likes this.
  4. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

We used to dye our BDU's back in ancient times for night ops and we use salt water to set the dye
    Don't know if its useful to you but there it is

SB21, chelloveck and Dunerunner like this.
  5. Qwertyportne

Qwertyportne Monkey

Not sure this will help you solve your problem but several years ago I noticed that the RGB color scheme of my graphics looked a bit different on my computer's monitor than they did when I printed them out. The solution was to render my graphics in the CMYK scheme before printing them.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  6. chelloveck

Back in the day when playing enemy on field exercises we were issued jungle greens dyed Vietcong black....it was a rainy, wet weekend...at endex we more resembled black and white minstrels than palefaced diggers.

snake6264 and SB21 like this.
  7. Selenaben123

Selenaben123 On Hiatus Banned

Sure! When it comes to fabric printing with digital methods, achieving vibrant and accurate colors can be influenced by several factors. Firstly, ensure that you are using high-quality fabric and ink specifically designed for fabric printing. Calibrating your printer, adjusting color settings based on fabric type, and using color profiles can also help. Additionally, conducting test prints and seeking guidance from a professional fabric printing service can provide valuable insights. Proper color management is crucial for achieving the best results in fabric printing. Happy fabric printing! ️

chelloveck and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  8. chelloveck

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7