Problems With The Monkey Tree….Alpha Monkeys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grandpa Patch, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

"NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER!"
    dirtydancing8.

2. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

He smoked his way to death !! 2-3 packs a day I heard

Sloth

3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

I don't see it as a problem. If I have a question about something I post it. I expect experience, opinion, and some good questions. I want these folks on my side. I've learned that some of my intended paths were way too complicated, and learned far better alternative solutions from the regulars here.

I've also learned to be more tactful. Sitting around the shop or holding down a bar stool I can make off-hand comments, give and take a bit of constructive criticism, and it's always clear enough by my tone, or smirk, that I'm just playing along. I pull the same sort of thing with shooters at the range, and have never had an issue, although I've been told a couple times... "You do realize he has a gun, don't you?" Sarcasm is something that's really hard to get across in a text only format. It's a skill that we should practice. Negotiating with strangers is a survival skill.

4. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

WOW, I am honestly thrilled by the responses here. Just look at characteristics #23, 24 and 25. Everyone has proven, by their own responses, that they are an Alpha Monkey. The title to this thread may have thrown some of you a curve ball, but you hit a home run with your responses. I'm not talking about forum hierarchy or military chain of command perspectives. I'm talking about personality types and how a great group of people (all of the monkeys) can come together at a single place, share information and life experiences and still get along. I'm talking about the fact that as "Prepper's" you have to be an Alpha Monkey to make things work while planning for the unknown and still get through the day. The 'average' person can barely make it through a single day. You all get through each day, work your plan and still have time/energy/compassion to come here and share your information in order to help others. Forget the word 'male' and think monkey, as you read through the 25 characteristics. Every single sentence may not apply to you (or you just don't see it in yourself), but the overall message presented by that list shows that all the monkeys here at survivalmonkey are Alpha Monkeys.

Accept it...you are all Alpha Monkeys in life...whether you like it or not you big apes.

5. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I see it this way in Real Life I deal day in and day out with Alpha's both male and female. Very strong Personalities with their own way of doing things. I can tell you that the Alpha gene does not always carry with it the intelligence or wisdom genes :) Whether her or RL folks can and will do whatever they want to do and it is none of my business but just like RL I will give my honest thoughts whether they are popular or not or just refrain from commenting because the argument is just not worth the energy....... The difference between here and RL is SM is purely social and informational, in RL we play for keeps :) So if someone who has been there and done that offers some advice to avoid the pitfalls and reinventing the wheel, it is best to listen and at least consider what was presented.......... But in both RL and all Forums and Boards there are those that just love to reinvent the wheel and repeat mistakes that could have been navigated around.

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Actually I just did some speed reading until I got to #3, then posted a meme and left. I only came back because "somebody" replied to me. Dang nab it to heck.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7