Programs Not Used

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Nailbender, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Nailbender

Nailbender Monkey+++

Question, What is not needed on this list if all I do is photo's, research things on the net, create files, genealogy work and of course bug folks on a couple forums. I do not play any games or music.
    I just curious.
    System.JPG

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I don't recognize some of those but you can certainly get rid of Acrobat 5.0 since you have 8.0.

Some may be related to installed applications and tools - i.e. camera interface, etc.

3. Nailbender

Nailbender Monkey+++

I was gonna just ask about 8.0 and 5.0 but then decided to put up the list.
    Tanks

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Be careful when uninstalling, sometimes there are links in other software that can give you fits. Nothing like tracking down an artifact left over from an uninstall.

5. Nailbender

Nailbender Monkey+++

I learnt that the hard way. I ain't messing with anything where there is even a maybe.

6. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Nothing there really takes up a lot of disk space.

7. Nailbender

Nailbender Monkey+++

Agreed and I will well enough alone, I did get rid of the 5.0

8. <exile>

<exile> Padawan Learner

Nailbender, what are you trying to accomplish here? General cleanup or more performance?

- I usually drop all of the vendor installed support stuff right away (in your case the VAIO stuff). If you haven't used it ever then there may not be much of a need.
    - What mail client do you use? If using a web email client I'd uninstall Outlook Express.

One recommendation on reading pdfs is to use FoxIt Reader, it is much smaller and faster than Adobe Reader and loads fast if you just read pdfs. If you're doing some of the more advanced things then keep Acrobat Reader.

9. Nailbender

Nailbender Monkey+++

Just goofing around. I don't need any room or stuff. I have never used any of the Vaio stuff in 6 yrs. I'll check out Foxit.
    Tanks

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7