Project Sunroof...be worried.

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Tevin, Oct 22, 2017.

1. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

The satellites Google gets the images from don't need government approval or intervention. It may not be live but I'm willing to bet that they have in excess of 99% of the globe, including the oceans, "mapped", and my neighborhood is updated probably 3 times a year as it averages 4 months apart. No idea why, but it is.

Seepalaces likes this.
  2. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

My apologies. I was referring more to the local tax man, the building inspector, etc. All the improvements done at the farm, to date, have not required any government involvement.

Seepalaces and VisuTrac like this.
  3. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

@Asia-Off-Grid - No apology necessary, least not on my end (and prolly not with @Tevin too, but won't speak for him for sure). My point was just that every aspect of all of our lives is being collected, collated, cataloged and saved. Google is likely one of the biggest offenders because they have made themselves ubiquitous and, for a lot of people, an integral part of their lives in whatever way. I'd love to say I'm anti-Google, but I currently use and promote Android phones...kinda hard to boycott it at that point.

This is all cyclical and in 50 years it will be some other entity and 50-100 years later it'll be someone else again. Those in power, like to stay in power. I don't know anyone who went into business with a plan of going belly up in X years.

Asia-Off-Grid and Seepalaces like this.
  4. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

There's a big file on about everyone. Privacy is something my kids will never truly know.

VisuTrac and Seepalaces like this.
  5. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

This.

6. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Most technology was originally a great idea. It's just somewhere down the line that we've figured out how to use it to gain power and the advantage.

Tempstar and BTPost like this.
  7. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The Chinese invented gun powder ,initially used in celebration .
    .No doubt some paid the price for the learning and development of the craft, and in that process, though of new ways to exploit it.
    Almost no matter what you might invent , men will find a way to make a destructive weapon out of it.
    DARPA exist primarily to make/exploit discoveries that are potential weapons both for our own use and to be ahead of others stumbling on the technology and using it.
    They are paid to disprove science fiction .
    So far as google earth any thing you might use to mask your place, will do the opposite and attract attention.

8. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

I am reminded of a saying from a 1980s adult comic,
    "The truth, as far as it goes!" o_O

1. Navyair
  2. Cruisin Sloth
  3. DKR
  4. Cwmoore
  5. CrazyJs
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid