Propane range for small cabin

Discussion in 'Off Grid Living' started by Hillbilly549, Oct 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Hillbilly549

Hillbilly549 Monkey

Wonder if it can be converted to propane?

2. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

Your link says it can (lp gas conversion kit included.) Oven dimensions might be interesting to know. 2.3 cubic feet really doesn't tell us much.

Hillbilly549 likes this.
  3. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Folding ovens and Coleman High Stands are two things I used to miss at garage sales. Once I started looking for the folded stands (that look like a pile of scrap metal when folded) and the ovens in ratty boxes, they were easier to find. You can still find the latest silver Coleman camp oven online for around $40. I too prefer lightly used vintage brown ones for $3.

Hillbilly549 likes this.
  4. Hillbilly549

Hillbilly549 Monkey

I overlooked it. Cool

5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I have been using a shepherds wood cookstove with an oven .it is a 175-year-old antique and serves to heat the house as well .
    I have restored it a few times through the 40 years I have had it, rescued from an antique store junkyard.
    My daughter first learned to cook on it, even pies and cakes.
    Among some of the restoration, I made an addition is a provision for a gas burner for cooking during the summer months.
    Propane makes a great cooking fuel, but IMO not a great heating fuel compared to wood.

6. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Pretty much every big box and online option for anything have a link to the Detailed Specs of the product. Scroll down a bit and you will find the specifications link on the right side in blue :) https://images.homedepot-static.com/catalog/pdfImages/13/13b37c7d-7c52-4938-9179-fb1958775876.pdf

Also almost all ranges come with the conversion nipple to change from Nat Gas to LP. Some in a package with the user info many with the nipples taped on the back, bottom or underside. LOL can be a trick to find some of them. But always best to ask at the store to make sure and make them locate the parts for you. They are after all getting paid to sell you something, make them earn it :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2019
    Hillbilly549 and Merkun like this.
  1. JC Refuge
  2. Andy the Aussie
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. ColtCarbine
  5. DKR
  6. DKR
  7. deMolay
  8. Kavode
  9. Hillbilly549
  10. Motomom34