Proposed BOB List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AxesAreBetter, Jun 3, 2017.

Tags:
  1. john316

john316 Monkey+++

has anybody here ever used a yoyo fishing tool AND caught severial fish
    i have only read about them they sound nice

2. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

If you're facing a really bad situation and you're probably gonna die...wouldn't it be better to have a few nips to calm your nerves? I know a lot of guys who wouldn't want to go out crying like a b1tch (no offense to female dogs) and a bit of fine whiskey is just like putting on your brave shorts. Ironically, I shoot better while being a little tipsy. Has something to do with relaxing, me thinks. If you're completely blotto, I don't see how you could be effective. One flask isn't gonna do that unless you're an extreme lightweight.

:cool: And it's Crown Royal for me.

Ganado, john316 and Motomom34 like this.
  3. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

It can get cold here in Michigan so some sort of shelter is a must, and a real sleeping bag if you are thinking long term. The dehydrated food is great for packing, but you still need water. I also have 3L Camlebak's in different BOB's and filters. I also tend to be either light or heavy - guns and ammo are heavy

4. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Okay, it's not requested but it's time to send BOB folks to the FM 23-10. Check out the pack out lists. Here we go with my condensed list:
    50 foot 550 cord.
    Linemans (mutitool) tool.
    10 each sandwich bags.
    Red lens angle head flashlight.
    2 sets BDU's.
    2 T-shirts.
    2 underwear.
    8 pair wool socks.
    extra belt.
    1 pair leather gloves.
    Poncho.
    Headgear, insect net.
    2 snap links.
    120 foot rope.
    foot powder.
    Toiletries.
    Olive Drab duct tape, 1 roll.
    Bivey Cover, (sleeping bag.)
    Pistol Hoster + 3 Mags.
    Rifle Drag Bag + 100 rounds 7.62 NATO or 210 Rounds 5.56 NATO.
    Rifle/pistol cleaning kits & snakes.
    And 1 unauthorized volcano stove kit.
    Net weight, 22 lbs give or take an once. (including the water less weight of Fighting Components above.)

5. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Opps, I think I forgot to list the Boot Camp sewing kit and stainless steel one piece surgical knife. Yes the drag bag and Holstered Sidearm are not included in the 22 lbs. But I'll leave Y'all's interpretation of the items that every SNIPER TEAM carries into Battle, to your own devices. Bye the way, stuff your mess kit with baby wipes. They shall be your shower and TP! So I'll go so far as to state that this is a proven Combat Load.

Motomom34 and Dunerunner like this.
  6. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Looks a lot more like what I carry than it doesn't.

M118LR likes this.
  7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I have a BOB bag, with food, stove, water, shelter, clothing etc. I just think it might look different than yours.

[​IMG]

john316 and BTPost like this.
  8. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Well, if I could fit a girl in my pack...

Zimmy, Alf60 and OldDude49 like this.
  9. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Ooo but you can , modern technology calls that a " blow up doll " .
    [LMAO][LMAO][LMAO]

oldawg, oldman11, Zimmy and 3 others like this.
  10. Zimmy

Zimmy Wait, I'm not ready!

It's been a while since I have looked in my food bag in the GHB. I've dug in it and then stuff back as time passed.

9 MRE crackers
    5 small bags of trail mix
    3/4 full 2# jar of peanut butter
    Small jar of dark honey
    Tube of anchovy paste
    8 packs of instant beef bullion

Not exactly what I was expecting but I will keep it....

11. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

No to derail an thing but I was just considering today the circumstances one might require at the point of actually bugging out .
    It might have an effect on how you pack .
    One should know where they are going.
    Since road conditions might be compromised it would be prudent to have several maps in the even you must travel in an unusual direction . I have been in some towns that have a very short under pass a truck and camper cannot pass under a rail road track .
    If you don't know this, going in you could be subject to unpleasant circumstances .
    Choke points are serious business traveling by vehicle unless your driving an armored D6 .
    On foot you can't carry a years worth of food ,but if your industrious cashe's along the way might be helpful ,if you know exactly where your going . but that's big gamble. But then prepping is a gamble any way ,right

Ganado likes this.
  12. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

One thing I have learned is that having all the gear you want, and then making decisions along the way as to what you really need seems to work best for me.
    After all if you're bugging out there may be no coming back for any thing, as in a fire, flood, foreign or home invasion ,pandemic ,earthquake .

Zimmy likes this.
  1. Coyote Ridge
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
    [ATTACH]
    Thread by: Asia-Off-Grid, Jul 25, 2018, 10 replies, in forum: Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions
  3. Thunder5Ranch
  4. Motomom34
  5. ED GEiN
  6. medicineman
  7. Oltymer
  8. Imasham
  9. Witch Doctor 01
  10. Legion489
  11. DarkLight
  12. DarkLight
  13. DarkLight
  14. TheJackBull