Prosecutors will do anything to get a conviction.

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by UncleMorgan, Dec 11, 2018.

1. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Here's a case that's worth knowing about. It shows the lengths the State will go to in order to get a conviction when they want one. "Guilt," as Mae West was once famously misquoted, "has nothin' to do with it."

The article is linked below, but I'll hit the main points here:
    1. An 18-year-old female named Labato was attacked by a rapist.
    2. She defended herself with a small pocket knife, inflicting a cut on her attacker's penis.
    3. She then fled and reported the attack.

Note that at this point that she had done exactly nothing wrong. But now the police had her name and knew she had cut a man on the penis.

A month later, a homeless man was found dead. He had been savagely attacked with a knife. In the process, his penis had been cut off and his rectum slashed. Importantly, the body was found at night.

The authorities immediately arrested Labato and charged her with first-degree murder.
    More important points:
    4. The dead man was not Labato's attacker.
    5. There was no evidence of any kind (none whatsoever!) that connected Labato to the crime.
    6. Laboato had an iron-clad alibi at the time the Forensic Examiner said the crime occurred,
    which was just before the body was discovered at 10:15 PM.
    7. Faced with a genuine alibi and proof of innocence, the Forensic Examiner simply changed his opinion of when the killing took place: he revised it to 12 hours before the body was found.
    8. During the trial, he revised the time of death again to as much as 24 hours before the body was discovered.

Lacking any physical evidence of any kind, Labato was convicted. She spent sixteen years in prison.

First, she was convicted because she couldn't prove her innocence. She wasn't supposed to have to. Ever. Secondly, proving her innocence would have been impossible because the Forensic Examiner simply could (and did) change the alleged time of death until any true alibi that might have been presented was rendered useless.

It is worth noting that the police arrested Labato because she had a history of cutting penises. Of course it was a single event, and a fully justifiable case of self-defense. But that was enough to brand her as a penis-cutter--and that was enough to certify her guilt.

From my experience, the fact that the victim's penis was cut off and his rectum slashed does not point to a female attacker. Enraged women usually just cut the penis off and call it a day. But an enraged homosexual lover (or a homosexual sado-rapist) might very possibly mutilate the rectum as well. It's all a matter of mental perspective.

And the degree of insanity.

When it was eventually established that the killing could ONLY have happened the same night the body was found, Labato was freed. And here, again, is the rub, worth two more big-time points:

9) Once conclusive proof of innocence was brought to the attention of the Court, it tool seven years to get Labato released.
    10) She didn't get released until the people connected with the Innocence Project stepped up on her behalf. People with some power, in other words.

Labato was only 18 at the time she was railroaded into prison. The prosecutor and the police got away with that because she was just an ignorant kid, with no legal experience, no money, and no one with any kind of power to protect her. She was easy meat.

Kiddies, it happens all the time. It's even happened to me. I've had the police blatantly try to perjure me into prison. Only the fact that I could afford a good lawyer stopped them.

Never say anything to the police when they come around looking for information to "dismiss you as suspect". STFU, and stay shut up until your lawyer instructs you differently.

And NEVER accept that you have to prove your innocence. That's one of the reasons we have a Constitution.

I know of a case where the corpse of a jail guard with his pants down around his ankles was found locked in the same cell with a female prisoner.

The police wanted her to prove her innocence.

Her attorney stopped them dead in their tracks on nation-wide television when he said "She doesn't have to prove her innocence. They have to prove her guilt."

Parents and grands: Make sure you teach this lesson to your kids.

The Gruesome Story of How a Lack of Blow Flies Helped Overturn a Wrongful Conviction

natshare, Motomom34, Dont and 9 others like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Bet she's going to have a few coins in her pocket for all this!

Seepalaces likes this.
  3. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

Bet she doesn't. Or at least nothing even approaching restitution.

4. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I would add one last thing to your knowledgeable post... Police also want to close cases and if indeed you are arrested for something, many times they will attempt, right or wrong, (Again, Mae West nails it, "Guilt has nothin' to do with it.") to close those cases, especially if they are the same type of crime, by putting them on you. So, indeed, STFU, you're innocent and...anything you say can be used against you.

5. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Unfortunately, quota is everything... tickets, arrests, convictions, and hundreds of other things in life. Even prostitutes need to worry about their quota!

Great example for my signature! (y)(y)(y)

Mountainman, natshare, duane and 3 others like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I don't involve the authorities in my business

7. natshare

natshare Monkey+++

They're not quotas...or so I've been told. They're GOALS to achieve!! o_O:rolleyes::eek::(:mad:

Zimmy, Gator 45/70, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
  8. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I was told by a cop one time that it was called " community contact " .
    And I am in no way trying to be derogatory against cops , we need them , and I respect what they do .

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Policing for profit!
    Our whole justice system is this way!
    If you get convicted of somthing, you automatically get a hefty fine, from traffic tickets to capital crimes, they "damage" you financially. They call it punishment, but it's a lot more then that! Dont even get me started on traffic tickets!

10. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Anything you say CAN and WILL be used against you in a court of law. It does not get more clear than that.

11. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

And any thing you Don't Say will be used against you as well!

12. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Or they can just make stuff up and use it against you.

STANGF150, SB21, Gator 45/70 and 3 others like this.
  13. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

And amazing how every cop there heard what you didn't say :)

STANGF150, SB21, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  14. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

And produce whitnessess that were not there to witness what they say you did!

Blasey-Ford v Kavanaha any one!

15. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

The cops will definetly twist facts to support their agendas. Even make up their own fact's to support their claim . And , will lie in court . So that hand on the bible routine is only supposed to be binding to you .
    Here's a quick little story for you , that is just starting to play out . My daughters boyfriend was just arrested last Thursday night . The story I'm getting is , an old friend of his came to their house , started some crap , was told to leave . They argue a little , whatever . The other guy pulls a knife and stabs my daughters boyfriend 3 times , nothing deep or serious . Daughters boyfriend defends himself , beats the guy up , the guy goes to the hospital for a facial readjustment . The guy lies at the hospital about the circumstances , files a police report. Cops come to arrest my daughters boyfriend , one cop is a real ass , they put him in cuffs , cop makes smartass comments , the boyfriend mouths back to the smartass cop , never a good idea , cops start slamming the boy smashing his face into the wall outside . Threw another charge of resisting arrest on him .
    My daughter calls me later telling me the whole deal , she said it all went down in her apartment at her front door . I remember her showing me a camera she had set up pointing at her front door a few weeks ago . I asked her about it , she says she forgot about it . She looks at it , and it caught everything , even audio . So now , they get to see how far the cops are going to lie to push their resisting charge .
    As much as I don't like the idea of camera's everywhere , I'm starting to think about getting one for my home and vehicles , maybe even a small bodycam , just for personal backup .This is the world we live in now .

STANGF150, Zimmy, oldman11 and 4 others like this.
  16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Smart move, First thing cops ask nowday's, You have that on film?

oldman11 likes this.
  17. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

JUST REMEMBER ONE THING
    Turn them off before hallway sex !!!

oldman11, oldawg and SB21 like this.
  18. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Your answer to any question authorities ask you is . Say nothing until your attorney arrives.

oldawg and SB21 like this.
  19. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Answer " Whats film ?
    Say Squat !1
    It is the Lies they dream up !!
    Jaded , but I saw it . MIL have my ready , Cops find your own !!
    S

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Yours when you make a complaint, In other words they prefer the Easy Button !

Cruisin Sloth and oldman11 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7