Protecting your Money

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by thecondor1, Dec 17, 2011.

1. thecondor1

thecondor1 Monkey+

This thread is designed to bring people together who consider that currency, trade-able goods, monetary smarts and crisis investments are as, or more, important than, batteries, canned foods, generators, weapons, safe havens and survival training.
    Money talks - bull%#&% walks I say, so let's discuss the topic of "safe assets".

Let's do it people!

2. thecondor1

thecondor1 Monkey+

Sorry, meant to direct you to my loooong liturgy of investments I have made before the "Aftershock-Meltdown" of the dollar! at "What did you put away.....forum!

3. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

The safest assets are in my opinion in the most important order are......
    1 Faith in God
    2 Family and friends
    3 Knowledge and a strong back
    4 Cash money of FRNS (not a huge amount)
    5 Potable water
    6 Food
    7 Shelter
    8 Guns ammo etc.
    9 Good Dog
    10 Fuel
    11 Equiptment
    12 and so forth.

If you would have bought Gold Silve and Oil futures Sept 10 2001 you would have reached your goal.

Personally I think Gold and Silver are at their bubble. Since you cant eat gold or silver or burn it or even know if its real, post SHITF I think its worthless.

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Condor, I disagree !!! PM sent. I hope that most here are as smart as I believe they are, and will recognize your spiel as garbage.
    I don't disagree that if you have a ton of money, and that you have your other preps fully in order first, ...... that you could take advantage of the situation to make a monitary killing.
    I still say that in that case that physical precious metals is the only way to go.
    Most of us here are struggling to be comfortably secure in their preps for survival ......... not as a financial speculator.

5. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

What''s to discuss? You mentioned the safe assets already...

"batteries, canned foods, generators, weapons, safe havens and survival training"

Falcon15, VisuTrac and dragonfly like this.
  6. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Money will come and money will go...Knowledge is power!
    I cannot put a price on what I have learned and seen in the past 6 decades.
    IF I had not had the aunts, uncles, or grandmother I had, plus the background from military training...right now,I 'd have to change my socks several times a day! In other words: I am not so scared as I am wisened....
    To me personally, money is ONLY a tool to get from point A to point B.
    It just makes the road a bit smoother going....

7. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

If you don't have your preps in order, then FRNs aren't even good enough to use as toilet paper.

Condor, it seems as if an AR-15 in your hands is sumthing to buy cheap & sell High. While an AR-15 in my Hands, can save Lives, like those of my loved ones & even myself. So dude, I think you got your priorities backwards.

8. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Oold Russian Proverb

Not that I am an old Russian, but in the old Soviet days the saying
    "I would rather have 50 friends than 50 Rubles" (Robles)

Makes a lot more sense than a lot of paper....

These kinds of posts remind of of the waning days of the Carter Administration - inflation, shortages, and real fear of the future because of a very weak President.

Inflationary expectation was just starting to take root, ending only after Carter was gone. I see the same signs today, masked by deflation to some extent. The tipping point will come in the next year - if not sooner.

A home, food and water- a way to heat and cook. Cover the basics, first. After that, you can look to luxuries like gold and silver.....

Sapper John, VisuTrac, BTPost and 2 others like this.
  9. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

Thanks DKR the Carter years sucked, as well as the Obama years,,,,,hopefully Obama will follow Carter and be gone after his first term

10. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

11. larryinalabama

larryinalabama Monkey++

No comment about ole ladies ant their momas,,,,, dont want to push my faith in God

12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Where is beast?

Ok, I'll say it for him.

"You can't eat gold! I have no use for the stuff"

Sapper John and Falcon15 like this.
  13. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

It doesn't matter how much gold and silver you have. If people are not willing to sell you supplies and you have none of your own, you will still be hungry.

14. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Amen sister.

You need to have your supplies inline before you branch out into areas of 'wealth preservation'

15. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

You should have seen the movers looking at some of our stuff when they came to pack up the house. Most is in nondescript plastic totes but why repackage 5 gallon pails.
    Moving guy:" is there really rice in these?" (pail is labled rice and date packed)
    Me: "yup we really love rice around here and never want to run out in the middle of a snow storm"
    Moving guy: " oh, ok"

16. STANGF150

You let sumone ELSE Move your Preps FOR You!!! o_O

17. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Not everything. A bunch were in our travel trailer but some things like extra food, yes. We couldn't bring everything ourselves.

18. STANGF150

Hope ya was moving far from previous location then. Or when those Mover's families get hungry, they might remember where ya are!!!

19. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Fortunately it was a coproate move and the contracted guys didn't seem to be local to the new area. I understand the worry though. I felt it was worth the risk to keep all of our preps. I doubt they would stop by unannounced considering they also moved a couple empty gun safes.

Sapper John likes this.
  20. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Now that we got those "white guilt" votes out of the way hopefully your wish will come true.

Sapper John and Falcon15 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7