Purchased a SIG 1911

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by RouteClearance, Jan 19, 2010.

1. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

Picked this up from my local shop, will be my main center fire for "Bullseye" league. This will put them all in the ten ring with the hand loads that I put together. Will have a set of custom grips made for it by Fung Grips, and will decide later on, on what type of mount and red dot sight that I will utilize.
    Sig-GSR-01.

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Very nice piece; let us know how she shoots. Most of my race guns have C-more dot sights except for my .22 steel gun, it has an Aimshot with five different dots that I like a lot. I got a Jap dot-sight (OMNI) that came on my Brazos custom that I took off for another C-more, they just seem a little more durable and the dot is bigger for my old eyes.

3. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Very nice. I have been impressed with the fit and finish of the Sig 1911 in the one that I saw at a gunshow, but have not had the opportunity to shoot one yet. Very nice acquisition.

4. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Quite a handsome weapon you have there but then again it is a 1911 LOL !

Could do without the light rail and external extractor but thats just my opinion E1 has their own likes and dislikes , I certainly wouldn't turn it down if offered up as a gift or something .

Hope it brings you many years of enjoyable service !

5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I had issues with Kimber's external extractor and finally sent my weapon back to them and had the old style slide put on to replace it. Even Kimber has finally came around to the thought that its not nice to fool with perfection.

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I like the light rail, wish my Les Baer had one.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7