Purchasing Land - making an offer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kckndrgn, Aug 19, 2012.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Would make a very nice setup if your Offer is accepted.... Ho9w far from the house is the tree, and is there a clear shot out a window?

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

House? what house? land only :) Guess I could put the camper in line of sight to the tree and use is as a hunting blind ;)

3. BTPost

There you go... Very good thinking..... Built in Hunting Blind.... Meat on the hoof, and you don't have to go looking for them, as they will be there, every evening, to browse off the fruit, the wind blows down, until it is gone.... Sweet deal.... Here is "Hoping for you"....

4. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

If you pick them about now, and set in the basement or some such place, they will turn golden ripe ( like bananas ) and softer.

5. kckndrgn

Our offer was countered, they increased by $500 to cover their closing costs. We accepted. So now to set the closing date and be done!

RightHand likes this.
  6. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Congratulations Kc. And so it begins....

7. BTPost

Well, Great News... KC... better get your Trailer Blind ready to go..... Deer Season starts real soon.....

8. kckndrgn

Now is the "hurry up and wait" time before closing. Waiting on the appraiser (what are they going to appraise? the trees? LOL) Then the closing date will be set. The contract we did has the closing date on or before 9/24, which is 2 days after archery deer season starts, we are hoping that closing will be before then, but we'll take it when we can get it.

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Probably. Timber value --

10. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I was thinking the same thing, g. :)

Big congratulations to you and Mrs.!!

11. kckndrgn

Figured I'd update this thread. Closing is Monday morning, woo hooo! Just a few more days away. Monday, coincidently starts my wife's and I vacation for our 10th anniversary, so I guess this is a pretty good present to ourselves:D

ah, can't wait a solid week of no phone, no internet, no TV, just some peace and quite (except for hopefully some arrows finding a nice deer. In TN as the land owner, I do not need to buy a hunting license, sweet!!

12. BTPost

Way Nice K.....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7