Purely for fun......gazebo project.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TnAndy, Nov 26, 2006.

1. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

OK....this is one of those purely for fun projects I take on every now and then.....makes no sense, we need it like another hole in the head......my wife says "you're taking this 'home is your castle' thing a bit too literally.....ahahahahaaaa

Rebuilt our deck this summer.....old one was falling apart. So I decided we needed a gazebo with it, sort 'out in the trees'......ground falls off pretty steep below the deck down a small creek, and I'm putting the gazebo about 15' out from one corner of the deck. Gonna take about 17-18' of 'tower' base to get up level with the deck out that far, so we're laying the tower out of stone faced cinder block.....up about 13-14' at this point. Tower is 10'x10'.

Got the first floor level in it yesterday, which made things go a lot faster since now I can come off the bank from above with the mortar and block rather that having to haul up from below like before. Got a door buck started in it today also.

Gazebo that will sit on top will be 14'x14'.....canterlevered out over the block base 2' all the way around.

Sorry for the dark pic...it was almost dark tonight when my wife got out the camera.

[​IMG]

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Gazebo? that looks more like a gun-tower...oh....

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

;)
    I was thinking more like "well" house. I think I get it now.;)

4. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Yes, very nice start on a, um, gazebo. Yes, very nice. :D

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Nice turrent you are working on disguised as a gazebo. ;)

6. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

So are did you forget to leave the openings for the gun ports or are they just getting chissled out later? Looks cool and could be a nice added storage space as well as tower.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7