puter games

Discussion in 'Technical' started by sec_monkey, Aug 31, 2018.

1. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

@SB21 @Bishop

yall might like this stuff :) :)

this game is ancient .. twas released in 2005 ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this game was released in late 2015 ..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@Bishop a game indirectly related to Fallout has a slingshot mod (y) (y)

plus there are plenty of free games see free computer games :D :D

chelloveck, Ura-Ki and Dunerunner like this.
  2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Used to play Doom... Not much into gaming anymore, though. I'd rather hit the range or go fishing! :D

CG are so awesome anymore!! Just watched "Ready Player One" recommended BTW, and I figure in three years the entertainment industry won't need actors...

Alanaana and sec_monkey like this.
  3. sec_monkey

[winkthumb] [winkthumb] @Dunerunner .. we used to play other ancient games too plus plus plus plus ..

freeDoom is available on Linux :D :D

completely free

Altoidfishfins, Ura-Ki and Dunerunner like this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Had enough of those kind of games IRL a good chess match is far more relaxing than trying to relive those days with pixels :)

5. duane

duane Monkey+++

Watching the evening news and the weather lady was using special effects, editing and blue screen to routinely do things that would have taken weeks of work in Hollywood in the the 1970's and we expect to see it done. The local TV station "Sky Camera" has zoom and IR capabilities that were not available on the SR71 in the 1960's. Graphics on games keep getting better, but for what ever reason other than some simulation games, I have lost all interest in them.

Altoidfishfins and sec_monkey like this.
  6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Same with me. I was once a really ardent supporter of gaming and often beta tested online MMO's. I have played hundreds of games. Today, just about the only game I play is a hunting simulator called TheHunter: Call Of The Wild

theHunter: Call of the Wild
    (Available on PC (steam), Xbox, and PS4)

sec_monkey and Altoidfishfins like this.
  7. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

I was a Trade Wars junkie from back in the dial up BBS days until just a few years ago.

8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I play some computer games. My normal trait is to play them through once then forget about them; however, there is one that I find I continually play: Hearts of Iron IV. I do play Sniper Elite versions 2, 3, and 4 sometimes, whenever I get bored.

Hearts of Iron IV is an extreme strategy game which has a long learning curve. You play a major or minor country starting in 1936 through the WW2 years. You grow and train your armies, conduct diplomacy, trade for resources, and invest in research all the while investing in your infrastructure. It's leaders are rated and have specific personality traits and specialties. Currently, I am in a game playing as Germany and have just butchered Poland and intend to invade the Soviet Union in 1937. It's pretty consuming considering I must manage ~100 divisions, plus my air fleets, and navy and all their supply needs while keeping everything else in play. It's one of the few games that has ever held my interest mainly because of the era and the amount of detail which is massive. No gee-whiz graphics or clever sounds just brow sweat. It's for those that like to think, plan. I think people who enjoy Chess would enjoy it but there is much more going on than Chess, long learning curve, and one never can quite master it, just like Chess.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    Brokor and sec_monkey like this.
  9. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The first Game I ever played was called "Space War" and it was a Line Graphics Game on a DEC PDP10 @ the Health Sciences BLDG University of Washington.... Played against Bill Gates, when he was in High School.. (His mom was a Regent, and got him an account) I doing was testing on a Prototype Dumb Terminal being designed for Medical Students to take Home to accelerate their Studies... My Partners were doing the Hardware Design & Firmware for it... Taught AlaskaChick how to use a Computer using that Game on the Prototype... Oh so many Years ago... Never got into Gaming per say, but AlaskaChick still plays her Games on her iPad Pro....

Bandit99 and sec_monkey like this.
  10. sec_monkey

the game is rated Mature 17 [ plus plus plus plus ]

viewer discretion is advised

it is an unrealistic survival simulator with realistic elements

11. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Ah! Duke Nukem was my game, back when I was a mere lad. It had no socially redeeming value of any kind, but it sure was fun blowin' stuff up.

I was amazed to see that it's still available online.

Maybe I'll start my second childhood now.

sec_monkey and Bandit99 like this.
  12. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

"Damn, those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!"

sec_monkey likes this.
  13. sec_monkey

[winkthumb] [winkthumb] DL :D :D

14. Chuck T

Chuck T Monkey++

Not realistic but a fun diversion and right up our banana tree.
    The Long Dark
    "A mysterious geomagnetic storm has caused your plane to crash in the remote northern Canadian wilderness. How long can you survive."
    screen_18b500bf-8a04-461d-9b8e-570360d9e013_hi.

screen_dee9586c-4df5-4c93-955b-3a1d9a567784_hi.

screen_0711e53d-7a8f-4685-81bb-2edd609fa8b5_hi.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  15. Chuck T

Chuck T Monkey++

and a couple cinimatic clips for entertainment, there is a movie coming out eventually also.
    - a visual poem by elegy
    - music by First Aid Kit

screen_1aa0df10-ddd2-4835-8521-43f22c116f2b_hi.

screen_65385ee9-d337-4465-97bc-2344e8956e2c_hi.

screen_bb545423-6793-4081-b5a1-bba9cdcee2a0_hi.

16. sec_monkey

yep it is right up our banana tree (y)

so is the Fallout series

plus ARK

plus a few other games

:)

17. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The melanistic lesser kudu was almost a diamond trophy, but I screwed up my consecutive harvests...
    Hunting in the new African savanna is pretty good!

sec_monkey likes this.
  18. sec_monkey

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  19. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

sec_monkey likes this.
  20. sec_monkey

ya sure can .. make interestin game related videos .. post on youtube .. profit???? :) :)

VisuTrac likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7