Question about "content" and trolls etc...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Catullus, May 17, 2011.

1. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Let me say starting off this is the first forum/online place I have EVER participated in.

Secondly, what is a troll?

I have been "watching" this guy content and notice you guys banned him.

Thanks for the info.

2. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

My daughter(4) just told me that they live under bridges...:)

3. beast

beast backwoodsman

here a troll is an obnoxious trouble maker
    much the same as any other troll...lol

4. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Thanks...I just needed to know some context. I was thinking troll might be short for something.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

She's right. The under bridge dwelling ones need not be feared until they grab your ankle and pull you under. The other kind (like content) are mere nuisances, and have to be swatted (electronically) rather like flies. :lol:

6. beast

beast backwoodsman

lol, i live in northern lower michigan
    according to those living in the UP
    i am a troll cuz i live below the bridge....lol

7. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

And a by-the-way, content was banned as fast as he was because he was already banned sometime ago. He slips in under a different name to get around the ban. Once we were sure who he was he got zapped again. We are pretty tolerant here and it takes continued violations of our COC to get the ax. Other boards can be very heavy handed and the mods and admins ban at the drop of a hat anyone they don't like or disagree with. We try to avoid that here.

8. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  9. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

there are a few nut cases out there who can't hide their speech when they write. There is a tell tale pattern to the writing and we can find similar posts on other sites. Basically, rants which can not be logically followed.

A classic example of this type of posting, pattern, of said individual can be found here:

http://www.survivalmonkey.com/forum/firearms/2384-meyahs-rants.html

Some people create their own reality and will argue stupid points of non-sensical jibberish. Meyah iss a troll, but doesn't know it....and still is every time the voices in his head force him to re-register into the monkey, his pattern gives him away.

Falcon15 likes this.
  10. Catullus

Catullus Monkey+++

Thanks everyone.

11. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

he really well know in the internet gun and survival forums that is on the www and his socalled ideas are a little out there compared to a normal person ideas about survival and what you might need in the way of firearms .

plus he had a habit of telling eveyone that a 22 l.r is all you need to make it in the long term survival weapon battery ..it true that a 22.lr chamber weapon has a place in the survivalist weapon battery but not you main go to set up..

12. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Falcon, you beat me to it! That is a classic! ;)

Content/Meyah/Rictis is so easy to spot due to his ALWAYS using the same MO and tactics. ONLY the AR15 with a .22LR add-on is a viable weapon - all others suck. The only pistol we need is the '9mm pocket pistol', all others are useless. Shotguns, .22WMR, anything else is useless, because it doesn't fit his 'battleplan'. Putting down ANY other opinion or even direct experience but his own, claiming total expertise in ANY subject.
    Dang, we all wish we were THAT good! [loco]

I sure hope his Mom doesn't let him out when the S truly hits the fan... the poor boy won't last long in the real world.

VisuTrac and Gray Wolf like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7