Question for 1911 guys

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by roscoe, Feb 12, 2006.

1. roscoe

roscoe Monkey+++ Founding Member

I have an AMT Hardballer. The elevation screw keeps backing out. I am thinking of replacing the sight with one from Millett, as that is all I can find as a direct replacement. http://www.millettsights.com/2006/pages/sres100.php
    Can anyone tell me anything about the sight, pro or con? Thanks.

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Wish I could, I haven't bought one from them. Mine are equipped with night sights. Which I highly recommend.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I've got Novak on mine

4. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

I had a set of those exact sights on a Colt Commander years ago , they sit up higer than most of the sights that people want these days but other than that they're great , fully adjustable sights .

As a matter of fact I have a set in my gunsafe that I am going to install on a Charles Daly 45 here pretty soon .

One thing though I never used them on a daly carry piece or anything so how well they might hold up to being banged and clanged around alot I realy don't know , the only time I carried it was as a backup on hunting trips and walks in the woods for about 4 years .

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The Novaks hold up really well. I have found them to be very durable. I have Novak-style night sights on my Les Baer, and I have never had any problems with them.

6. Cousin Jack

Cousin Jack Knifemaker Founding Member

Are you using it for target shooting or for tactical/self defense type shooting? If the later, then get some low profile fixed Novaks.

7. roscoe

roscoe Monkey+++ Founding Member

Cousin Jack, My slide is milled for a Micro sight. It doesn't have a dovetail, which greatly limits my choices. Millett is supposed to be a direct swap. I'll find out soon, as I ordered it from last Monday. I'll let you know how they work out.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7