1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Question for 1911 guys

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by roscoe, Feb 12, 2006.

1. roscoe

roscoe Monkey+++ Founding Member

I have an AMT Hardballer. The elevation screw keeps backing out. I am thinking of replacing the sight with one from Millett, as that is all I can find as a direct replacement. http://www.millettsights.com/2006/pages/sres100.php
    Can anyone tell me anything about the sight, pro or con? Thanks.
  2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Wish I could, I haven't bought one from them. Mine are equipped with night sights. Which I highly recommend.
  3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I've got Novak on mine
  4. BigO01

BigO01 Monkey+++ Founding Member

I had a set of those exact sights on a Colt Commander years ago , they sit up higer than most of the sights that people want these days but other than that they're great , fully adjustable sights .

As a matter of fact I have a set in my gunsafe that I am going to install on a Charles Daly 45 here pretty soon .

One thing though I never used them on a daly carry piece or anything so how well they might hold up to being banged and clanged around alot I realy don't know , the only time I carried it was as a backup on hunting trips and walks in the woods for about 4 years .
  5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

The Novaks hold up really well. I have found them to be very durable. I have Novak-style night sights on my Les Baer, and I have never had any problems with them.
  6. Cousin Jack

Cousin Jack Knifemaker Founding Member

Are you using it for target shooting or for tactical/self defense type shooting? If the later, then get some low profile fixed Novaks.
  7. roscoe

roscoe Monkey+++ Founding Member

Cousin Jack, My slide is milled for a Micro sight. It doesn't have a dovetail, which greatly limits my choices. Millett is supposed to be a direct swap. I'll find out soon, as I ordered it from last Monday. I'll let you know how they work out.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary