Question for the group

Discussion in 'Survival Reading Room' started by Jeff Brackett, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

I'm almost done with a first draft on a new novel. It's the first of an apocalyptic horror trilogy, and there's a small publishing house that has expressed interest in it. I'd like to post it here in installments over the next several days, and see if anyone has any comments and/or corrections. Basically, I'd be using you as some of my beta readers before submitting the manuscript to the publisher. I have a few other betas lined up, so there's no pressure on that point. However, I'd like to get a bit of a feel for what the interest might be.

Warning - This would be the "warts and all" pre-edited version, so there will likely be quite a few mistakes.

Now to the caveat - If the book does get accepted by the publisher, they will likely require that I remove all but a normal intro sample from anywhere else online that it might currently be posted. That means I would have to delete the postings at that time, and replace them with the shorter sample.

Is anyone interested? And is it all right with the mod monkeys if I basically post an entire novel here, only to delete the posts later on?

Tully Mars and Motomom34 like this.
  2. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

I've done that with my books. Didn't get a lot of feedback, but that's the 'net.....

Jeff Brackett likes this.
  3. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

4. gravelgurdy

gravelgurdy Monkey+++

Lights Out was posted here as it was being written, chapter by chapter. Upon publishing it was deleted.

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

@Jeff Brackett - We can and will delete any portion or all of your work at any time. I strongly suggest breaking it up into lumps of one or several chapters per post to make reading in spurts rather than all at once if the reader has time to fill in rather than devote to the whole thing.

You might also get some edits flagged, or not, at your request.

6. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Go for it. I always have a comment. I would like to read some of your new work. Congratulations on the publishing house's interest in your work.

Jeff Brackett and Tully Mars like this.
  7. madmax

madmax Far right. Bipolar. Veteran. Don't push me.

I'm a big reader. And I like the subject. I would read and comment.

8. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Not a horror guy but generally like your work quite a bit so will do my best to comment as well as I can in a "not my favorite" genre :)

9. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

Thanks, everyone. I'll start a new thread for "Chucklers"

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7