Question.....

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by GrayGhost, Jan 27, 2016.

1. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

and the one that's gotten the most of us into the most trouble, fer shure!

Cruisin Sloth, Motomom34 and kellory like this.
  2. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Monkey+++

[winkthumb]

Spoken like a scholar, in my opinion. @Hanzo, you a are on point here. I had lots to say, but you summed it up succinctly!

Freedom of speech, and all other freedoms God granted, are slowly being taken away. The way I see it, as well as others, is that you're freedom ends where my front porch begins.

I may be all over the place...who knows. I don't believe homosexuality is right, but if you are gay, then go be gay and live your life. I don't care what goes on behind your bedroom door. But when I go to the city to get somewhere and can't because the rainbow brigade has a parade....that infringes on MY freedom. Yet, if there were to be a straight pride parade, a white white history month, a christian gathering...it becomes a racist, homophobic, bigoted event. I guess it now depends on which group you want to identify with on that given day.

My beliefs will never change, I will never force them upon others....I guess asking the same in return is too much.

Sorry all...I'm getting my but kicked this week, and have much more to say. I'll chime in when I can.

The thoughts, ideas, and perspectives here are awesome.....well done, all. Though I'm sure you guys have much more to say!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

My point is some can speak freely and some cannot. I think it should not be that way. And my rant was just different examples.

I disagreed with your statement that "Special interest cannot say what ever they want." They are doing so. And when you are not in that group and say or do something not consistent with their ideas, the consequences can be severe.

4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Which definition are referring to?

sen·tence
    ˈsen(t)əns/
    noun
    1. 1.
      a set of words that is complete in itself, typically containing a subject and predicate, conveying a statement, question, exclamation, or command, and consisting of a main clause and sometimes one or more subordinate clauses.
    2. 2.
      the punishment assigned to a defendant found guilty by a court, or fixed by law for a particular offense.
      "her husband is serving a three-year sentence for fraud"
      synonyms: judgment, ruling, decision, verdict, punishment More
    verb
    1. 1.
      declare the punishment decided for (an offender).
      "ten army officers were sentenced to death"
      synonyms: pass judgment on, punish, convict;
      condemn, doom
      "they were sentenced to death"

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Yes

Hanzo likes this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I've been called many things. But a scholar, @GrayGhost? Watch your mouth... (y)

Tikka and GrayGhost like this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Best case of Freedom of Speech being protected by citizens would be the Chick-fil-A incident. Mr Cathy chose to say on TV that he did not support same sex marriage. Mr Cathy exercised his freedom of speech. The gay community and MSM called for him to be run out of business. The American people responded and Chick-fil A has expanded their business since then. He never said he would not serve them, he never said he did not want them in his establishment all he said is he does not support gay marriage based on his religious beliefs. Mr Cathy chose to make a statement and he weathered the backlash just fine.

Freedom of Speech is allowed and it is alive and well. Many in today's society may choose to verbally and financial attack you but you are still free to state your beliefs. How you handle the backlash is up to you.

How does a rainbow parade infringe upon your freedom? And if a straight white Christian gathering gets called racist and bigoted that is just name calling. It has nothing to do with freedoms. Maybe the conservatives are becoming hyper sensitive because we don't like being called names. The double standard is not fair but life isn't fair. We are going to lose this fight if we don't draw the line and hold firm.

BTPost and Seacowboys like this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Chick-Fil A is a happy outcome, but not the norm. There are too many where the businesses are attacked and shut down. Purposefully.

Name calling is ok with me. Stirring up trouble with malicious intent in the name of something is not.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  9. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Political correctness is picking up a fresh gooey dog turd by the clean end.

Hanzo likes this.
  10. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Would you believe free market speech?

11. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Witch Doctor 01 Yes. Mr Chick Fil A is an example of IMO. But then you have Mr. Sterling-
    Free Markets Punish Offensive Speech IMO Mr Sterling was unfairly treated. What he chose to say in private was his right but others disagreed and set out to ruin him and strip him from his possessions.

12. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Unfortunately, as we have the Black Caucus, Society of Black Engineers, college fraternities limited to Blacks only and so on; however, if we replace Black with White it becomes racist.

kellory likes this.
  13. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Don't forget NBCBLK. Egregious.

14. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

15. kellory

....or "give to a BLACK college near you, because a mind is a terrible thing to waste".
    ...or "give to the united NEGRO foundation." (Funny. I don't believe I can have a united WHITE peoples fund, or give to a WHITE college near me.)

16. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@kellory,
    Today's discrimination is to make up for years of discrimination.

As I was raised 2 wrongs do not make one right; so I'm confused.

17. kellory

No, two wrongs does not make a right, but three lefts will....:rolleyes:

18. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Perhaps only in the mind of the Left? :D:D

19. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

But on the wrong street...

Cruisin Sloth and kellory like this.
  20. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Freedom of speech will always be there as I see it, because unless you cut someone's tongue or vocal chords out, people CAN say whatever they want. There will be consequences no matter what, but it's not really legal anymore, it's social media engineered 'outrage'. I think an EMP hitting the USA will be a good thing in that respect, because there'd be no more social media, so those people would be totally 'helpless' with no one telling them what to think.

Yard Dart likes this.
  1. Motomom34
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Ganado
  4. Benjamin A. Wood
  5. Ganado
  6. Dont
  7. Motomom34
  8. DKR
  9. Motomom34
  10. Yard Dart
  11. Yard Dart