Quig's Primal Journey

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Quigley_Sharps, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Quig: That is a LOT cheaper than the prices I was seeing. Thanx!

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Found a new meat for breakfast instead of bacon.

Aidell's Andoiulle.
    These are the habanero green chile ones). With the amount of sugars per serving and the sugar being so far down in the ingredient list, I'm really not worried about it. Sodium's a bit high but since I don't eat that much mass-produced packaged food, again ... not too worried. And they're tasty too.

Package says: Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Made with All Natural Chicken, No MSG, Soy Free

Nutrition facts
    Serving Size 1 Link (85g)

Amount per serving
    Daily Value
    Calories 160
    Calories from fat 100
    Total fat 11 g
    17%
    Saturated fat 3 g
    15%
    Trans fat0 g
    Cholesterol 70 mg
    23%
    Sodium 620 mg
    23%
    Total carbohydrate 2 g
    1%
    Dietary fiber less than 1 g
    0%
    Sugars less than 1 g
    Protein12 g

INGREDIENTS: CHICKEN, TURKEY, FIRE ROASTED GREEN
    CHILIES (WATER, CITRIC ACID, CALCIUM CHLORIDE AND
    SALT), CILANTRO, SALT, TEQUILA, SPICES, JALAPEÑO
    PEPPERS, TURBINADO SUGAR, HABANERO PEPPERS AND
    SODIUM NITRITE, IN A PORK CASING.

3. tennprepper

tennprepper Monkey+

Since reading this I have begun to incorporate this into my diet. Although I haven't cut everything out yet I have cut way down. Drinking more water and have cut the diet cokes down still some pasta but not like it was. All in all down thirteen pounds in a little over 3 weeks. Thank you for sharing this with everyone it is helping me and I will be cutting the rest out shortly

4. Quigley_Sharps

Congrats Tennprepper!!

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Congrats!
    This subforum at SM: Survival of the Fittest is filling up nicely with great stories.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  6. tennprepper

tennprepper Monkey+

I'm really looking forward to see how my body reacts to the changes. I was thinking about it and remembering growing up that this is the way we ate all the time. Wild game and veggies out of the garden I just gotta get back to the way its supposed be

Quigley_Sharps and Yard Dart like this.
  7. Quigley_Sharps

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391822374.913524.
    Dinner tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

tennprepper likes this.
  8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I add salt to almost everything I eat.
    Is Salt Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

9. tennprepper

tennprepper Monkey+

Down 15 and a pants size

Yard Dart, Quigley_Sharps and melbo like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Your body's NERVUS SYSTEM RUNS ON SALTS..... both Sodium and Potassium type salts, so if you aren't getting enough of either, you will be
    Cramping, in your Muscles, and is what happens when you get DeHydrated. You sweet out Salts, as well water. the Basic ingredient in Blood, is Salt Water.

11. Quigley_Sharps

Look you guys, I eat SALT!
    I just mentioned the meat had high sodium . thats it thats all I saw out of the norm with it in the ingredients .
    WTH is a Nervus?

12. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

[lolol] It's a postism -- :lol:

Yard Dart and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  13. tennprepper

tennprepper Monkey+

Ok now down 20 and me and the wifey are re joining the gym tomorrow. Have changed to caffeine free diet drinks slowly moving awsy . drinking a lot more water

Quigley_Sharps and Yard Dart like this.
  14. Quigley_Sharps

Been a while since posting here, I have been adding a lot of muscle lately I can see it in the mirror My trapezius , Bicep's and triceps muscles are growing fast.
    I am also seeing my pect's gaining size. And My abs are starting to show again in the top area, still have 30 more lbs to get into my ideal weight for my bones structure.
    Weight coming off has slowed quite a bit with all of my muscle gains. It seems like it wont drop fat until there is a certain amount of muscle gain first, or at least that's how it seems.
    I'm at almost 58 lbs off now.

15. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Quig, great to hear from you. Glad your program is progessing. I have been following you with great interest and look forward to your continued reports. Thanks for taking the time to post.

16. Quigley_Sharps

Dropped 3lbs this last week. Still eating and exercising the same. Only difference is I'm upping my reps to 20 for my upper body work out. My planks I've increased to 100 seconds. And my waking is walk a mile and jog a mile.
    60 lbs lost.

ditch witch and Yard Dart like this.
  17. Quigley_Sharps

Still hard at it, hitting 60lbs lost is a spot my body has decided to put the brakes on or roll back the throttle on in losing weight. I went back and looked at my monthly loss totals and its slowing down from 21lbs the first month then I bounce at 9-6lbs each month then the last couple i have been seeing 2-3lbs down. I am gaining muscle and my waist is still shrinking. My strength has increased dramatically.
    some notes:
    I started my wind career 8 year ago climbing 80 meter towers at 15-20 mins when i ran 6 miles a day. then as I quit running and traveling I put on weight that slowed my climb times over the last 7 years to 30mins :).
    Last couple of weeks I climbed one at 14mins, then 12min and I set my new all time record of 10mins, that's hauling ass in the turbine world especially for a Manager who doesn't work in them daily anymore. And I'm not dead at the top, 5 min rest and I'm good to go again so my stamina is at a high level again. :)
    I have stayed true to my plan as of now. and Planned to keep on keeping on.
    I feel amazing Instead of feeling like almost 50 I feel like i did in my late 20's early 30's.
    I am now in better shape then most all of my friends with the exception of a couple, and that's hard cause the rest don't have the energy to go with me all day in the woods so I'm working on all of them to get them into PB and feel as good as i do.
    My wife is making great improvements and can now walk 2miles without having her MS leg go nuts on her, Im so happy for her. She has to work 4 times as much as i do and i wish it was me instead of her, but it is what it is.
    We are hammering on with this.
    Going to be my new work out shirt:
    "Keep Hammering" - by Cameron Hanes

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  18. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Quig, I know there are several monkeys on this now but it was this thread and your story that inspired me. I think we are close in age and physical build. You can add me to the list of Primal Monkeys. I started 3 weeks ago and am amazed at the changes in just that short amount of time. I am wearing shirts that were too tight on me a month ago and am on the last notch in my belt. I have lost 7 lbs in 3 weeks and can tell the boost in energy. If it is this much improvement in 3 weeks I can't wait to see where I am in 3 months. Thanks for sharing your story!!

19. Quigley_Sharps

Congratulations MM you wont be sorry! this works. Not only am I getting back to where i need to be weight wise, Im also getting energy and strength like crazy.I still cant believe it now, It just gets better and better.

20. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Me too. I bumped into this by accident after finding Melbo's post and your story. I was motivated to try the Primal Blueprint and all of these things have changed my life. I've tried all the options over the years starting in 1979 when I was just exiting the Navy but have never been able to control my weight or body condition. This program is not easy, as is evidenced by those to fall by the way side, but it works and the by products are those Minuteman mentions and reflected by you: energy, stamina, condition and vigor. My wife has to rein me in once someone gets me started about the changes I've made in my life with the PB. I'm pretty excited by all the good stuff as well as all the really good foods that are included in the program. Thank you for your story, your commitment and your help. Life changing stuff is happening here!

1. Ganado
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. GrayGhost
  4. hot diggity
  5. kckndrgn
  6. Minuteman
  7. ditch witch
  8. DarkLight
  9. Sapper John
  10. Yard Dart
  11. RightHand
  12. kckndrgn