Quig's Primal Journey

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Quigley_Sharps, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Its humbling to know I have effected peoples lives in a positive way, thank you for the kind words and your continued support on my journey.

I have leveled off in my weight loss for almost 3 weeks now. I bought ketosis strips and have checked my system and get a Negative reading back. Sunday on my 18hr fast I will check it then and see where i land.
    I am getting smaller just not lighter for the time being. 60lbs off.
    I added a stand up desk to my office so now I stand at work when not walking and climbing towers. We have carpet over concrete floors I forgot what it feels like standing on concrete all day...lol By standing instead of sitting burn x2 the calories in the day.
    I am keeping my work out the same, and my eating the same Ill see where this goes.
    Now that is it lighter longer and warmer I will being throwing my pack on with 30lbs in it and hike my canyons near me. Getting ready for my Hunting season!
    I was looking at my pre primal pics and my 3 and 6 month pics..OMG!!! I was a dead man waiting to die when i started! I have 30 more I want to loose. I will see where my body wants to be in relationship to where I think i want to be.

My wife is doing great she is much stronger now and can walk everywhere with me, like having my best friend back the whole day with me and not just part of the day! She is sleeping much better, which means I get to sleep much better :) We have some pretty big goals this summer of things we would like to do I cant wait!
    She is going to try and hunt the Walla Walla canyons with me this year, she hasn't be able to do this since coming down with MS I am so excited to see her at camp again :)
    Thanks to melbo, Mark Sission and the whole PB Amy and I will get to live a much longer fuller life now.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2014
    Minuteman, kellory, kckndrgn and 2 others like this.
  2. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Ohhh...I got chills when I read your words. I too offer thanks to Melbo as well as the entire PB Army!

Yard Dart and Quigley_Sharps like this.
  3. Quigley_Sharps

Still holding exactly the same weight but i am shrinking in size still , I took a link out of my watch band a month ago and now I have to take out another one soon that's 3 links total.
    Feeling good, Had Surgery a week ago yesterday, so no lifting , pushing or pulling I have my follow up this next Tuesday and should get the green light to be back at it. This will be the first time in my life that i haven't gained weight while dealing with medical issues. I think my broken leg in 2011 gained me 25lbs..LOL
    I had to renew my drivers license yesterday and the lady at the DMV couldn't believe the change in me especially when i told her it was only since August that the transformation started :)
    I feel like the last bit of fat on me that needs to go is now residing around the very bottom of my mid section shouldn't be much longer and it will be gone.
    I had my favorite Leather riding jacket altered to fit the new me. The lady took my measurements and I said I wanted it to fit tight because i planned on more weight loss. she sorta bawked but relented saying it needed to fit me now cause she couldn't size it back out..LOL
    Well she had it for about a month then called me to come get it, i walk in she hands it to me reminding me i wanted it tight..lol and guess what?????..... it was loose..hahaha should have seen her face. I said I loved it and thanked her. she shot me the price with this look on her face like i was going to bitch about it.. I said " Wow" " That was way worth it! and I gave her a 50.00 tip and she smiled. I love that coat and now its a 2XL with tag that fits like a large :) wait till i die and someone tries that on at the Salvation Army or Good Will LOL hahahaha. Quigs revenge......

Last edited: May 5, 2014
    Tully Mars, BTPost, kellory and 4 others like this.
  4. Quigley_Sharps

Still holding the same weight, tomorrows the big day. If the Doc passes me then I get to get back to Hammering! I Cant wait feels like months instead of weeks.
    A piece of mind for you all if you continue to eat the same without the workout as in my case I saw no increase in my weight during this.[winkthumb]

Motomom34, Yard Dart and ditch witch like this.
  5. Quigley_Sharps

Looks like I'm down 1lbs from last check in. Maybe it will start up again. I will see.

6. Quigley_Sharps

Put on a belt today that I haven't worn since going primal. There is over 8"of excess now. Made my day.

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

That is good stuff QS, great job/results!!!

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  8. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Grok on Quigs! You are inspiring!

9. Quigley_Sharps

Here is my progress chart, the blue line on the far right is my goal I set last Aug 66lbs off .The green line is my secondary goal for a total of 89lbs off.

Attached Files:

ditch witch and Minuteman like this.
  10. Quigley_Sharps

It was my birthday Saturday, did a little beverage consuming, but I ate primal through out the holiday but no exercise for a week. I thought I was going to show a weight gain when I returned home from camping for the last few days.. The scale said I returned the same weight that I left with...wheeww LOL
    back to the grind and hitting the exercise.

Sapper John and ditch witch like this.
  11. Quigley_Sharps

Down 3lbs
    Its taking alot longer to get each lb off and some times i see a slight gain and then a loss, Im adding some more carbs into my diet for a spell and see if that kick starts my loss again, if not then ill go back to my previous levels and take the long road.
    I think I might up my cardio too a slight amount over the next month and see if that helps too.
    My overall size is still getting smaller even with a ups and downs and I still think after a certain point your body wont let loose of fat as easy until muscle is built. its the only thing that makes sense to me on whats going on now with me.
    I am way stronger then i have been in the last 10 years or more. I sleep like a baby again and instead of 4-6 hrs now i see 6-8 hrs of sleep.
    Im in the middle of the worse time for allegories and i almost have no reaction instead of a complete shut down like the last 20 years. if it wasn't for allergy medicine i would have been miserable.People who know me have noticed how well I am doing with the pollen and dust.

Tully Mars, Brokor, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  12. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

I'm finding very similar benefits with regard to allergies. And I agree with you about finding the sweet spot for my body so I've been see-sawing up and down around 200#s. I still want to loose more fat around my waist, but I think it'll take more exercise to burn off that last bit.

13. Quigley_Sharps

Yea I think there must be a line the body doesn't want to cross before dropping. Good to hear your allergies are better mine are way better almost nothing.That alone is enough to make me stay primal even if i wasn't loosing weight.

Yard Dart likes this.
  14. Quigley_Sharps

[​IMG]
    Link to map:
    MotionX® | MotionX-GPS Maps
    Well here is my latest record for me, while not comparable to most runners it is a huge mile stone for me. Went from almost 300lbs couch potato that internet and TV made me tired to running 2miles uphill carrying my glock 357 sig, phone head phones rocking out to ACDC Pandora channel and wearing my favorite workout shorts, shirt and shoes. [touchdown]
    Pretty happy with myself today.

15. Quigley_Sharps

Something else i almost forgot to mention. my dog, this is the first time he didn't lead the way all the way. He lead me to about a mile but then shortly after started following me with this "WTF DAD" look on his face....LOL

16. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

haha! Love the dog quitting on you part.

Keep it up, I know it's hard getting into running. I took a 6 year break, never ran an inch. I got up, decided to go for a run. I lasted 3 minutes, broke into a heavy sweat and started shaking, kept going anyway. I started gasping for air after the first mile, okay that was it, I'm done. But you know what? After I recovered 3 days later, I went right back out and got 10 steps further. Next time, a few hundred more feet than last time. Before I knew it I was running my 5 miles in the morning, feeling great.

I tried to fast for two days, drinking only teas and water, but used honey in tea for sweetener. My stomach was annoyingly loud, "GgRrrRr!" and I got a bit of a headache and a little dizzy if I tried to exert myself. I didn't work out or anything, just relax and not eat anything. Then I just jumped right in to a normal diet of meats, veggies, fruit and lots of water. I am tiny compared to some of you guys, so I know it's got to be harder for some of you to lose weight and keep making progress.

17. Quigley_Sharps

In all fair ness to my dog it was almost 80 degs. Lol
    That's the way I did it broker one step at a time steady eddy.
    I haven't ran since 2006. Camron Hanes an inspiration for me and one day while walking I remembered a video I watched of his about working up to running a mnt. It gave me the drive I needed to keep going little mile stones step by step. When I meet a goal I instantly set the next. 3 miles up hill is my next one.
    I'll post Cameron's video.

Sapper John, Yard Dart and Brokor like this.
  18. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Just don't try to go too fast. And if you can get into it, try running at least 3 times a week, the more the better. Faster isn't better at first, either. But I timed myself and always pushed a little harder. Man, the chest and side pains!

19. Quigley_Sharps

Camron Hanes video. We part ways on the grains lol

Yard Dart and Brokor like this.
  20. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Good stuff Quig!!!!

1. Ganado
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. GrayGhost
  4. hot diggity
  5. kckndrgn