Quig's Primal Journey

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Quigley_Sharps, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Well new times for me, still weighing in the same but getting thinner and faster and stronger. I thought the day would never come to be able to do unassisted pull ups. A couple weeks ago I gave it a shot and was able to my amazement pull off 2.5 of them. All the while before knowing I wasn't going to be able to..LOL
    Well this morning i gave it another shot and was able to knock out 10! Things are getting better!.
    Im going to have to work a little harder to get this last 20-30lbs off but I'm working though it.
    The last time I did pull ups was in the early 80s in the military.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Upped my work out to the following:
    Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
    75 push ups
    100 sec front planks on elbows and toes, 100 sec right side and 100 sec left side planks elbow/heal.
    60 of 130 lbs Lat Pulls, 60 of 130lb tri pulls, 60 of 103lbs Chest Fly.
    10 Pull ups.

Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday
    2 miles on treadmill or in country depending on weather.
    Dropped 3lbs this last 7 days.

3. Quigley_Sharps

something has triggered in my body and i am dropping weight at a good clip again, 2lbs down from last post.

ditch witch and Yard Dart like this.
  4. Quigley_Sharps

Well been traveling for a few weeks between Sturgis and southern Cali I caught a bug that I fought for 3 days of some of the worse pain I have ever felt. Ranked right up there with all of my broken bones. And I have broke my back and neck!
    Any way I couldn't make it past day 3 with the pain and so to the ER I went. Spent 5 hrs on a table getting poked and prodded. Gave a sheet ton of Blood for tests. But While laying there for a couple hrs it let up and in a few more hours the pain went away.
    Docs want me back on the 19. Going to get some imagery.
    The reason I'm explaining it to you is the test results that came back.
    For the first time since in my 20 's everything came back in normal range including my vitals.
    My doc was highly impressed with my weight loss and said I looked really healthy. Like he had never seen in me.
    4 more days and all of my muscles in my body are starting to return to normal. They were cramped up severely for days. I honestly was laying in bed one night thinking I might get a broken bone if this get any worse. Never had muscles tighten up so violently.
    I'm afraid we will never know what caused it.
    But am almost back to normal as of today day 8. Starting my workout again tomorrow.

5. Quigley_Sharps

So an update:
    Doc was worried about my Aorta having a aneurysm so I did the imagery this morning on all organs and Aorta.
    Turns out my Gall Bladder has some of the biggest stones the radiologist has ever seen, sounds like gall bladder removal is coming at me.
    Funny thing I waited 16 year to draw this elk tag, the last and only time I drew it 16 years ago and I had a major accident the night before and was in the hospital a week and didn't get to hunt it. Ill be damned lighting has struck me.
    My day seems shitty right now.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  6. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Quigley, that truly sucks. I'm sorry to hear of the medical issue, and the wasted tag. I've never hunted elk myself, bit I can imagine the loss.
    My condolences.:( get well.

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  7. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Ugh Quig that blows on all fronts. I don't guess putting off the surgery until after elk season is an option, huh.

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Doesn't Oregon have Proxy Hunting Statute, for such occasions? I know we do, in Alaska...

9. Quigley_Sharps

I'm looking at either hunting and postponing the surgery. Or I called ODFW and they said if I fill out an application that I might be able to push my tag out to next year. Or get my points back.
    Oregon has the proxy hunter for blind people.

10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Postpone the surgery if you are not in a lot of pain...... IMO
    The elk will not wait till next year. :)

11. Quigley_Sharps

Yea I want to but the pain seems to be growing now. I'm not sure what it will be like by Oct 29th when Elk season opens.
    I would rather hunt it when feeling 100% this is a rugged unit very deep canyons.
    I will be hunting by myself for the most part.

12. Yard Dart

Your health is number one!!!!

AmericanRedoubt1776 likes this.
  13. Quigley_Sharps

Well the day has come.
    I was in the surgeon's office this after noon and one look at my imagery and he told me I'm going in the morning for gall bladder removal be at the hospital at 6am.
    Hopefully its the laparoscopic surgery, but he said if its too large to come out the hole or the tissue is too soft or a stone is lodged in my duct to my intestine then I get the big surgery.
    I hope i recover quick going to miss my work outs.

Speaking of my workouts
    I have worked up to 100 push ups 3 days a week
    100 count planks
    and 5 reps of 20 on the bow flex.
    Im sure this will slip now with reovery .
    will update guess i get to be home for a few days. SM will see more of me now..LOL
    hell of a way to get time off... hahaha

Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    Motomom34, ditch witch and Yard Dart like this.
  14. Yard Dart

And I will pray for a speedy recovery!!!!

The wife had her gall bladder removed due to a tumor and to this day she struggles with greasy food.... goes through ya like a slip and slide. [OO]

15. kellory

Good luck.

16. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

Best of luck!

17. Quigley_Sharps

I'm home. Drugged up so I apologize if my post reads funny, Well more than normal.
    They took my gall bladder laparoscopically doc said it was in really bad shape. Doc said he doesn't know how I put up with it so long.
    He also found a hernia and repaired it the entrance they used for it is under my belly button. That is really really sore. And I now have a smiley face belly button. Lol
    He said my gall bladder is full with 3 large stones. With no room left in it.
    Sounds like 2weeks before I get to go back to work.
    Me,the monkey. Tv and water n pills I guess.

Motomom34 likes this.
  18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Glad you made it this far. My ex (a natural whiner) carries on about her recovery still, and that was 10 years ago. Loves to relate how much discomfort she bravely endured. Knowing her, it wasn't much more than a hangnail after a couple weeks. You should be good to go soon, and I hope that's true.

19. kellory

Take the time to fully heal. Do not rush it, and tear something loose. (My wife has that problem, can't sit still long enough, and always does more damage. I have threatened her with duct tape!!)
    You will get bored. That is what we are here to help with. ;) so do not over do it!
    I hope you will recover quickly and fully.

20. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Get better soon Quig!

1. Ganado
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. GrayGhost
  4. hot diggity
  5. kckndrgn
  6. Minuteman
  7. ditch witch
  8. DarkLight