Quig's Primal Journey

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Quigley_Sharps, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Thanks everyone. I look like I've been shot with buck shot. 5 holes in my gut. I can't believe how sore I feel. I'd rather break a bone again than this. Hurts to breath, move fart burp cough. I think smiling is about the only thing that doesn't radiate into your abs. Lol.
    I can tell it will be a while before I can exercise my upper body. Planks would kill me now lol.
    I'll take it slow and easy. I'll start with light walks.
    Loosing weight now too lol.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Oh yea sent all of my paperwork off today to ODFW to petition to get my preference points back or my tag pushed out to next year. My company put me on FMLA and on my short term disability so I don't have to drain my vacation for my time off. I was pretty happy to hear that this morning talking to the HR lady. So things might get better sooner than I thought. Off to get my pain pill. :)

kellory, Tracy and ditch witch like this.
  3. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

A former friend and co-worker had her gallbladder out and like someone else mentioned, from that point on greasy or spicy food took the Intestinal Express train. The upside was she lost about 40 pounds without even trying! :D

Enjoy those pain meds!

Tully Mars, Quigley_Sharps and Tracy like this.
  4. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Quick healing thoughts and prayers sent to you!

Quigley_Sharps likes this.
  5. Quigley_Sharps

Thanks ladies.

@Tracy
    You and colt and amy and I need to do dinner again,it's been to long since the last time. Maybe we can get melbo and the mrs to join us ?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  6. Quigley_Sharps

Update:

ODFW called yesterday and the Director has approved giving me my points back due to circumstances beyond my control!
    I have been off the pain pills for 5 days, sleep was ruff the first 2 after tossing them, but finally the last couple of nights i've been able to sleep pretty good, really needed it.
    I had a follow up appointment with my Doc and am doing good he said I might be able to go back to work next week! This makes me happy i'm really getting cabin fever.
    So far I can eat primal and not have any troubles.
    Although I didn't start that way after surgery, started off eating low fat cottage cheese and little skin less chicken and greek yogurt. after a couple days my digestive system started setting down and since i have incorporated more primal with small amounts of fat, so far so good body is handling it well.
    Im not sure if a sick Gall Bladder can cause a stalemate in weight loss, but after getting mine removed i have dropped 10lbs this last week.

7. Quigley_Sharps

Well if all goes well I get to resume normal life the 24th and back to working out! Im feeling great now and am ready to get back at it.
    weight is holding.

8. Quigley_Sharps

Well I've started my excising again. I started out at half amount and now a week later I'm back up to full steam ahead. Feeling great only the very tiny-est soreness left I'm a lucky one with my Gall Bladder out I guess. I haven't been affected by what I can or cant eat. Doc said not to many people that lucky ,this soon.
    He said it might be because I tolerated a stone filled GB for so long it didn't function and my body became used to it. Funny thing was I didn't put any weight on my during my down time but as soon as I started working out again I put on 5lbs...lol Then lost the 5lbs the second week..[werd]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
    Sapper John, Yard Dart and ghrit like this.
  1. Ganado
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. GrayGhost
  4. hot diggity
  5. kckndrgn
  6. Minuteman
  7. ditch witch
  8. DarkLight
  9. Sapper John
  10. Yard Dart
  11. RightHand
  12. kckndrgn