Radio history

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by Merkun, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Merkun

Merkun furious dreamer

RADIO NEWS MAGAZINE - Hugo Gernsback's electronics magazine starting 1919

I won’t live long enough to read all that, much less understand it. So I picked a random month and had at that issue. One standout item is that there was zero on transmitters. As it turns out, it was forbidden to transmit amateur signals in them thar long ago days. Another item is that there are some humorous articles in among the heavy theoretical stuff. Then, that issue, June of ’42 had an article by a guy that called himself a “television engineer.” Hooda thunk it --

GrayGhost, techsar and Bandit99 like this.
  2. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Looking thru a few of those old magazines brought back some memories. Not that I know jack crap about any of it. I just remember my Dad having a few boxes of those old tubes , big boxes ,, not shoeboxes. And a bunch of those resister thingy things laying around. My Dad kept one of those old tube TV sets going on up into the mid 70s at least. I remember him snatching our ass away from those boxes a few times telling me and my brother we'll get shocked messing with that stuff. He had a bunch of those big capacitors mixed in with them. I picked up on a lot of stuff my Dad did , but that electronic stuff wasn't one of them. Thanks for the memories. RIP Dad,,,,,

GrayGhost likes this.
  3. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Interesting! I want to snoop around and see what they wrote about during WW2. I looked at January 1941 issue but nothing there, probably because that issue was already printed and in distribution as lead times were a lot longer in those days. I will do some more snooping later. @Merkun Thanks!

GrayGhost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7