Rahm Emanuel Writes Check to Second Amendment Foundation

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Rahm Emanuel and the City of Chicago wrote a $399,950 check to the 2nd Amendment Foundation for the City of Chicago violating our right to keep and bear arms. Hat tip to Ted Cruz for pointing this out on his facebook page, the post has over 3,000 likes.
    rahm-emanuel-writes-check-to-2nd-amendment-foundation.
    The $399,950 check was reimbursement for legal fess incurred by the 2nd Amendment Foundation while fighting the McDonald v. Chicago case before the United States Supreme Court. The 2nd Amendment Foundation won the case and Supreme Court overturned the City of Chicago’s ban on handguns.
    Thanks to Rahm’s attempted gun grabbing overstep, the City of Chicago is now funding the next round of litigation defending our right to keep and bear arms. Thanks Rahm!

2. Maxflax

Maxflax Lightning in a bottle

So can they now buy handguns there or are they ignoring the Supremes like DC is?

3. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

Did I read that right the City of Chicago is paying for legal fees or should I say that the taxpayers of Chicago are paying for the City of Chicago's violation of the 2nd Amendment upon it's citizens. People in government would probably act differently if they had personal financial responsibility for their actions.

4. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

This is great news! I grew up in the suburbs and used to hear about this all the time how they wouldn't let anyone register a handgun in the city.

Hopefully they don't ignore the ruling... I think the criminals that run DC should be brought up on charges for ignoring the Supreme court decision. Same for Chicago if they pull the same stuff.

rsbhunter likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7