Range Report on STG58

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I finally got my newly built STG58 to the range and after a few magazine problems, got the gas valve adjusted to properly eject the cases and started throwing lead down range with a vengence. What a true delight to shoot!
    I wish I had brought some decent targets so I could see what kind of group I was getting but without fail, I desimated a pie plate at 200 yards without tearing up a lot of dirt around it. My first aimed shot was at 200 yards, never having adjusted the sights and it took my cherry and rang the plate. A couple hundred rounds later, it was still clanging away. Almost no noticable recoil and much to my dismay, after firing it , my favorite M1A almost felt awkward.

2. gillman7

gillman7 Monkey+++

Congrats, sounds like a winner, 200 yards with open sights is a fur piece for me!!

And because I am always worried about your comfort, I will send you my FFL's address to make you more comfortable, by sending your M1A to me.

:D :D :D

3. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

You're making me drool...

My stg58std is still on order at dsa; hopefully it ships earlier than the expected 8 weeks. I'd still be looking for something if it hadn't been for Rich at CGW Gun -- I bugged him something terrible and he answered a lot of bonehead questions. He's a great guy...

Time to sleep...

4. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome to the FAL world, I like my M1A, but would never give up my FAL

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7