1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Range Report on STG58

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I finally got my newly built STG58 to the range and after a few magazine problems, got the gas valve adjusted to properly eject the cases and started throwing lead down range with a vengence. What a true delight to shoot!
    I wish I had brought some decent targets so I could see what kind of group I was getting but without fail, I desimated a pie plate at 200 yards without tearing up a lot of dirt around it. My first aimed shot was at 200 yards, never having adjusted the sights and it took my cherry and rang the plate. A couple hundred rounds later, it was still clanging away. Almost no noticable recoil and much to my dismay, after firing it , my favorite M1A almost felt awkward.
  2. gillman7

gillman7 Monkey+++

Congrats, sounds like a winner, 200 yards with open sights is a fur piece for me!!

And because I am always worried about your comfort, I will send you my FFL's address to make you more comfortable, by sending your M1A to me.

:D :D :D
  3. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

You're making me drool...

My stg58std is still on order at dsa; hopefully it ships earlier than the expected 8 weeks. I'd still be looking for something if it hadn't been for Rich at CGW Gun -- I bugged him something terrible and he answered a lot of bonehead questions. He's a great guy...

Time to sleep...
  4. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Welcome to the FAL world, I like my M1A, but would never give up my FAL
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary