ranger forum link

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

web wandering tonight produced this jewel : a forum of, by and for army rangers, interesting stuff especially the forum where they nail ( you've all met them ) "posers" who claim ranger creds... I would never pretend to have what it takes to complete that training or the ensuing missions. but I learned quite abit just browsing...
    ( i.e bring piss bottles/crap bags and lots of "pogiebait")!! Enjoy:

http://www.armyranger.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2389&sid=687f89026f5baf906181637a7385ff3d
    [flag][flag]

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Good stuff for those who may need to bug out in less than optimal circumstances. (BTW, some of that was taught in Boy Scouts a few thousand years ago. "Move like an Indian" Of course, that was aimed at hunting situations, not life and death, but still --)

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

couple of thought provokers: sleep where the enemy wouldn't expect someone to sleep. ie. on the side of a steep hill with a tree in your crotch between your thighs to keep from sliding down...ponchos make splash noises when rain hits, rain is your friend get used to being wet, it covers sound( but creates hypothermia.(?))

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7