1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TLynn, Sep 26, 2005.

1. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It's not been a great week or so for me what with a sinus infection and migraines but I came home to a small package. When I opened it up this was inside.

I will have to ask Tye who made it...but he sure does know my taste in knives. Do I know why he sent it...no. But it helps cheer one up when they are really down.
  2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Congrats T nice looking gift. [bow]
  3. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sweet - that stuff happens on USN alot!
  4. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Cool. [winkthumb]
  5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Gifts like that are always good for a Pick Up on a blah day.
  6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Great gift.
  7. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Cool !.... I still believe there's alot of really good folks out there.... Life's pretty good afterall.... [beer]
  8. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I received a bit more info on this knife...definitely interesting person who made it.

"I forgot to tell you the history of the neck knife, it was a blade that Frank Sams ground out back in the seventys, he gave it to me and said for me to design a handle for it. I layed it aside and forgot up until a few years back....I gave it back to Frank and told him to stick a handle on it from a piece of antler I gave him.....you have the results, he made the sheath and dyed it green, the silver inlay in the pommel was a dime, Frank is a retired Secret Service agent, his work made the magazines a few times, but he never sought fame.....just did it because he could."

Never realized it was a neck knife - hmmm, interesting! :D
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary