RAOK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TLynn, Sep 26, 2005.

1. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It's not been a great week or so for me what with a sinus infection and migraines but I came home to a small package. When I opened it up this was inside.

[​IMG]

I will have to ask Tye who made it...but he sure does know my taste in knives. Do I know why he sent it...no. But it helps cheer one up when they are really down.

2. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Congrats T nice looking gift. [bow]

3. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sweet - that stuff happens on USN alot!

4. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

Cool. [winkthumb]

5. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Gifts like that are always good for a Pick Up on a blah day.

6. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Great gift.

7. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Cool !.... I still believe there's alot of really good folks out there.... Life's pretty good afterall.... [beer]

8. TLynn

TLynn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I received a bit more info on this knife...definitely interesting person who made it.

"I forgot to tell you the history of the neck knife, it was a blade that Frank Sams ground out back in the seventys, he gave it to me and said for me to design a handle for it. I layed it aside and forgot up until a few years back....I gave it back to Frank and told him to stick a handle on it from a piece of antler I gave him.....you have the results, he made the sheath and dyed it green, the silver inlay in the pommel was a dime, Frank is a retired Secret Service agent, his work made the magazines a few times, but he never sought fame.....just did it because he could."

Never realized it was a neck knife - hmmm, interesting! :D

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7