Rapture

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seacowboys, May 21, 2011.

1. wags_01

wags_01 Monkey+

I like the way you think...

2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I will accept their Gold and Silver as a donation
    In return...I will take care of their pet's...
    After they have been ''Raptured''...again...

I may be worth million's by Oct.22...
    I can see a Monkey Party starting Oct.22
    Free Crown Royal will be served...
    ccc...Gator

3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

This preacher is a slow-motion trainwreck, adversely affecting his follower's lives in a big way. How long before he has them drink the Koolade, ala Jim Jones....?

[kneelsuckers]

4. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

I am Christian and do not believe in any Rapture. It is not a word ever spoken in the Bible. Jesus said when asked about the end of the world said only the Father knows the day not even he knew. This is the scripture that I believe. No man could possibly know the day if Christ himself did not. I call Bull #$%^ on the October prediction.

Revelations states pretty clearly that there will be many numbering as many as the grains of sand who will be adorned in white robes. When John asked who they were he was told that they were the people who had come through the tribulations and have been washed clean by the blood of Jesus.

This tells me that everyone is going through the hell (tribulations) of the end time unless of course you die before it happens which would be a rapture in itself wouldnt it? He will come like a thief in the night . Two workers in the field one taken and one left behind. This scripture has been misinterpreted for years. I believe this ment one taken to Heaven and the other condemned.

But any man claiming to know the day is a Liar or is seriously confused. Kingfish

5. beast

beast backwoodsman

maybe it did happen and god just didnt find anyone worthy

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

My youngest daughter said she felt herself starting to get "light on her feet" about 5 Pm, but she really wants to get married on June 25th, so she said a couple of "Cuss Words" and dropped like a Lead Brick......[lolol][LMAO][ROFL]

7. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

Rather disappointed I didn't get out of cleaning the chicken coop and litter box...

8. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Yup , Life goes on. As far as the Rapture goes there are two very different groups of Christians who preach on the subject. I have had it proven to me with scripture that there is not going to be any rapture for anyone. The saints are to be taken up first. Im certainly NOT a saint. I would guess these are the very few world wide who kept the Commandments. Im sure this has also been confused with the saved. I am not however an expert on this subject. A good simple pastor whom I know and love dearly as a good friend told me there is simply no real evidence that the faithful are going to disappear some day and rest left behind. Now if it does happen? Oh well I might get taken up but it doesnt matter what any of us believe regarding this subject. No where does it state believing in the Rapture is a requisite for entering Heaven but there are real warnings against following false Prophets. I like my position on the subject. If it happens ? great!!! If it doesnt? Great. Im not losing any sleep over it. Kingfish

9. Seawolf1090

BWAHAHAHA!!! I got a mental picture of Charley and his Granpa in The Chocolate Factory, after imbibing the fizzy lifting drink, then burping to get back down.......

[fnny]

10. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Hey Gator - Have you tried Crown Black? It's yummy! :D

11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I Have!!!..Very...smooth stuff.To be honest with you..
    I think regular crown will be hard to switch back to...

12. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Woodford Reserve or Bushmills , they are all that my stomach will handle now !!

13. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

Agreed.

Smooth? I'll try. Which Bushmills? Looks like they have a few.

Sorry for the thread highjack, Sea... But what's more heavenly than a nice, smooth whiskey? ;)

14. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

The Black it's aged .
    A friend that works at the Jeffersonian brought me a bottle of the Woodford as a gift for some outdoor teaching .

15. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have a preference for Knob Creek, JD Old Number 7, and George Dickle. Never was much of one for blended whiskey but I really enjoy Tulemoor Dew Irish whiskey.

16. Seawolf1090

I'm no 'drinker', but I do like a "wee dram of the Drambouie" now and again. Learned to love the stuff from having a Scots roomie at one time. That's when I had it drummed into me that "Scotch is a bloody DRINK! WE are The Scots!" ;)

17. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have only recently taken up recreational drinking but I have found that I am quite good at it!

Gator 45/70, Tracy and dragonfly like this.
  18. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

[BSf]

You're a downgraded professional. Good for an amateur, but worse than before. In other words, a ringer in the amateur ranks.

dragonfly likes this.
  19. CozyTeapot

CozyTeapot Monkey+

The word "rapture" comes from the Latin Vulgate, translated from the Greek "harpazoĢ„". In the King James the Greek is translated into the phrase "caught up". 1 Thess 4:17

Totally agree with you here.

20. Seawolf1090

Today at work some folks onthe elevator were discussing the failed 'rapture' event. So I says, "Maybe we all just didn't qualify!?"

I got the strangest looks in return...... [LMAO]

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7