Rare breed triggers declares war on the ATF

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by oil pan 4, Aug 26, 2021.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

This is the case that will allow the ATF to change the definition of what is a machine gun or what is a firearm to mean what ever they want it to be. It's a challenge to the unlimited deference given to the ATF to reinterpret laws how ever they see fit.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    gii shi kan dug, gunbunny and duane like this.
  2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

This is a case where “The Chevron” SCOTUS Precedent might finally be overturned, or clarified, or limited, by the sitting Supreme Court…

duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

This will pull the rug out from under at least the atf using "chevron deference". No longer allowing unelected administrators to create laws as they see fit.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    gunbunny, duane and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

This could be the big one, challenging the authority of the ATF, and removing their powers, or simply removing them period!
    They have zero authority to make law or to even determine law, it's outside the scope of their operating authority, and yet here we are!
    Law making is the exclusive realm of Congress, and no other office or body, the ATF have been operating well outside the wire for decades and need to be reined in hard!

5. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

LOL! You guys make me laugh! Geez, get real!... No matter how well funded Rare Breed might be, how just their cause/case, or how well represented they might be doesn't mean a damn thing. And, you know it!

The US government has unlimited wealth and personnel courtesy of the taxpayers plus they can turn screws using other government agencies to bring Rare Breed to its knees. There is no way they will allow the ATF to be cut off at the knees.

The best they could hope for is they either get the case thrown out or ruled in their favor. But, even if they win, they will be hounded from this point on because the government cannot afford to lose... I fear now they will redefine their definition of 'machine gun/automatic weapon.'

Having said this, I will definitely join their mailing list and send my $100 in support of their cause. Why? Because they are right and even though I doubt the outcome this is something that must be done and done on record.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
    SB21, Tempstar, ditch witch and 2 others like this.
  6. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

You don't want the case thrown out. It looks like they are set to lose this one just like the bump stock cases.

Ura-Ki and Bandit99 like this.
  7. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I believe, if it was anyone BUT the government, they would drop the case after legal review, especially given the outcome of the Bump Stock case, but since it costs them nothing and costs Rare Breed a lot, they will move forward simply as a deterrent and/or financial punishment. I further believe, win or lose, but most certainly if they lose, they will indeed redefine their definition of a machinegun.

Tempstar and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The Gun Firm needs to do some very good Court Shopping… Looking for the right Federal District Court, that is in the right Federal Appeals Court Area… This will maximize their chances of a favorable outcome at these levels of the Federal Court System… Then with the Supreme Court the way it seems now, then there is a good chance they could prevail…

Ura-Ki likes this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Judge Beneitas, though wrong coast!
    Might be I need to purchase one of their fine products, gives them standing in this district to take the fight up the flag poll!

10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

go after em for court costs and all fees as well as illegal actions???

as none of that would be paid out if the agency had not crossed the line...

11. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Atf files motion for the court to decide the case based only on evidence, witness and testimony from the ATF alone. Apparently being blocked from defending your self in court is a thing. So the ATF knows they are going to lose.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022
  12. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Far too many of the alphabets have gone rogue. Time for all of them go go away.

SB21 likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Rare breed triggers is claiming atf tampered/falsified evidence.

gunbunny and Gator 45/70 like this.
  14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Still telling the AFT to pound sand.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

This story keep getting weirder.
    Someone went through the trouble to make what now seems like fake court documents, put them where ATF whistle blowers would find them to make it look like rarebreed triggers and bigdaddy unlimited got raided by the atf.
    So all this misinformation and distraction has to be part of something bigger.

Gator 45/70 and gunbunny like this.
  16. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The local news take on the matter.

17. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

They want everything to be a machine gun. Oh and USPS gave up address of everyone who received a package from rare breed. No supena, no search warrants. Just sudo feds jerking off fedbois.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
  18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Everything is not a machine gun. At least through September 23 this year.
    https://www.youtube.com/live/27Ch7Zvqotc

It seems like the court is going to shit all over atf and doj on or before sep 23.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
    Zimmy likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7