Rasberry Berets?!

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Yard Dart, Apr 24, 2016.

1. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

I'm glad to hold to the title of Ground Pounder. Never had the desire to put my faith in a parachute. Neither a fish nor a bird will I be, the ground is home for me.

2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@Bishop: You got it; I loved to jump.

It isn't a sign; it is burnt into their hearts.

The Nazis called the Airborne devils in baggy pants. When a good friend was a 2nd Lt, he pulled BTOC at Bragg, he read what McAuliffe told the Nazis at Bastogne and nuts wasn't all he said. As the headlines said McAuliffe said ....Nuts. The .... means more was said and no, I am not going to post it all.

I'm history so @Yard Dart will need to assist as needed. However, back in the day, Airborne wore this:
    http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/pY4AAOxy69JS~VHK/s-l640.jpg
    IMO, the WWII glider troopers were bad a$$ also. In my day, the Glider patch still honored them.

There is a lot of talk about the tip of the spear. Remove the long wooden shaft and the spear is a poor knife. Without all the support troops; the tip isn't worth a hoot. The wooden shaft is what jams the tip into the throats or guts of our nation's enemies.

Mountains, holding a rope and in control? Humor us, my friend. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Are you familiar with McGuire and STABO? We invented them. :)

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I did about 7 years at Bragg and 4 at Schofield...... ETS'd in 97.
    Here you go.... still as good as they were back when I wore them daily!!! ;)

IMG_0771.JPG

4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I have done one military jump....and once was enough....for the military....I jumped after the light turned from green to red. The military must have been suspicious of my political inclinations and had no use for free thinking radicals who like red.

I wrote a short story about that singular experience.

Yard Dart likes this.
  5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@Yard Dart
    I was really proud to earn the right to wear the Glider patch.

As raspberry didn't exist; Green was a better match for my eyes. ;)

If you follow, we put the stain on the 5th.

Witch Doctor 01 and Yard Dart like this.
  6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Figured something like that already. :)
    I did some time out at Camp McCall myself.... but not did not tab out due to chit... ;)

7. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

Heck yes it is. Unfortunately, I never got paid to jump... I was always the one doing the paying.

chelloveck and Yard Dart like this.
  1. Modus Operandi
  2. Murfylang
  3. Flight-ER-Doc
  4. Gafarmboy
  5. HK_User
  6. Dunerunner
  7. DKR
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Asia-Off-Grid
  11. Asia-Off-Grid