Rawles undergoing DOS attack

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by Silversnake, May 28, 2012.

1. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

Just went to survivalblog.com and all that came up was a message stating they were under a DOS attack and not to refresh the page.

Thought the techies here would find it interesting.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Interesting. You typically see nothing or your request times out when trying to get to a site that is under a DoS or DDoS attack. If you saw that screen, you were not being Denied the Service.

3. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

everything is back to normal again .... what's interesting is that Jim Rawles was forewarned of the cyber attack ..... someone from the Texas area sent a "blackmail" message demanding that all the links, to the other various prepper sites, be removed from SurvivalBlog .....

4. dataman19

dataman19 Monkey+

Boo Hoo.....
    Blackmail messages are traceable too - just like any eMail message.
    Back in my day - we fried servers with a email bomb when people tried to get cute and blackmail us with anonymous FTP. In the cyber world, nothing is anonymous. Most teckkie wanna be morons still don't realize that.
    But now the Feds want us all to be nice. No more eMail bombs that rewrite the CPU stack to Line zero (the one it cannot recover from). Ahh,,,, those were the days. Mess with me - I mess back... Now it is Mess we me,,,, Boo Hoo....
    No justice, no justice at all.
    Dave
    Phoenix, AZ

jollyrodger13 likes this.
  5. Silversnake

Silversnake Silverback

For those interested, Rawles is posting he just had another DOS hack at survivalblog.com . I hadn't been able to log onto his site for a couple days.

6. Illini Warrior

logged on once yesterday and then nothing for the remainder of the day ..... could be the Feds again trying to mirror his site .....

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Would be interesting to know which Bott Network was causing the DOS Attack.... Just wondering.....

8. Illini Warrior

just tried the website .... off again this afternoon (Wednesday) ...... it was ok last nite

9. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Posted this morning.....

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7