Ready to Innovate.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by winglesshk, Oct 28, 2014.

1. winglesshk

winglesshk Monkey

Hello everyone,

My name is Aaron, 27, currently residing in Jacksonville, FL. I work for a Medicare contractor and my company is about to cut my pay by 20% come January 1st due to the "Affordable" Care Act and already started cutting my hours. Obviously this is not going to work out if I am going to be self-sufficient and able to have a family someday.

I have been dabbling with ideas for starting my own business over the last year. I want to make artistic and functional furnishings that incorporate LED lighting and possibly solar power for the maximum form, function, and sustainability without the need to depend on the grid.

I am a big-time electronics tinkerer and fix laptops, cell phones, tablets, and appliances for fun. I hope to someday soon be able to bring these skills to the table with an off-grid community to support modern and abundant living standards to the residents as well as promote technology as a source of income.

If you've got a forward-thinking and innovative community and need creativity and tenacity on board, contact me and let's work something out!

It's nice to be here and I hope I can learn a lot and share ideas with all of you. :)

Aaron

Motomom34 and chelloveck like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey @winglesshk !!!

That affordable care act sure is affordable.... sorry to hear you are another victim of this illegal legislation.

Good luck with your endeavors!! There is always need for tinkerer's in a community!!

Motomom34 likes this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Welcome to a fellow tinkerer.;)

4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

If you need Beta testers, probably many here could be convinced to provide SH costs plus a nominal, non-exploitive fee for your product as it is developed, to try it out and give feedback. jus sayin

5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Welcome here! Why not use your abilities to repair laptops and cell phones to finance your innovative other enterprises?

KAS likes this.
  6. AmericanRedoubt1776

AmericanRedoubt1776 American Redoubt: Idaho-Montana-Wyoming Site Supporter+

Welcome to Survival Monkey -- wide and deep knowledge combined with kind civility. Sorry to hear of your ObamaDoesntCare nightmare. That adversity seems to lead to a better opportunity. Good luck - God speed.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7