Real Freedom and Liberty

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by RightHand, Nov 8, 2016.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I am disappointed in the women of the 21st century. I am disappointed by those who believe that a vote for any woman is better than a vote for any man. I have been a feminist since long before that label became an embarrassment to the original intent of the movement. And then, today, to hear so many females declare that a vote for Hillary gives them hope for the opportunities available to their daughters and granddaughters made my heart bleed. That gender bias negates every principle so many of us have fought for through the years. Just as I have tried to lead my life color blind, I have endorsed the possibility society being gender blind. It is only then that will can believe in true equality.

I debated posting this in the "Politics" forum but its really more about freedom and liberty. Freedom to view people without the filters of gender or color and the liberty to support the person and the principles of one's personal beliefs.

2. VHestin

VHestin Farm Chick

That reminds me of Obama's first election, and all the people who wanted to vote for him to prove they're not racist, not understanding that voting for him because he's black is just as racist as not voting for him because he's black. When you are voting for superficial reasons like gender or race instead of the candidate's qualifications and fitness for office, there's gonna be problems.

Mountainman, Bandit99, Brokor and 7 others like this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

my contribution to this is... here here!

GOG, Ura-Ki and RightHand like this.
  4. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

My understanding of women's suffrage wasn't that a woman's vote had greater value than a man's vote; just that women wanted the agency to favor or disfavor one political dummkopf over other dummkopfs, without their husbands or fathers exercising that choice instead of them. Male or female, its one vote. Although the Republican party supported women's universal suffrage, allegedly, the Democrat party now benefits from that legacy. (dead men and women get to vote Democrat) ;)

Ura-Ki and RightHand like this.
  5. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

Remember SOUTH PARK? The flag was two whites hanging a negro. Chef got all bent out of shape so the kids came up with a new flag, one White, one Asian, one Indian, one black hanging a black. Finally Chef realized that the kids were so color blind they had no idea why he was up set with the flag! That is the ideal, but we all live in the real world of Hitlery covering up bimbo eruptions and destroying the women and her rapist husband getting off scott free. And TRUMP is the woman hater!

6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

All women have the right to be President just as any man.... If she is worthy, morally accepted and garnering of national support to be such.... not just because she is a woman or will make history.

Ganado and RightHand like this.
  7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Being a first of anything; or that they will make history merely by being elected, is never a sound reason for voting for anyone.

Mountainman, Airtime and Ganado like this.
  8. GOG

GOG Free American Monkey

That witch may never truly receive the justice she merits, but this is a good start.

Mountainman and Brokor like this.
  9. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Not saying we should never have a woman as president, just not that woman. I really hope Trump follows through with his promise to investigate the dealings of the Clinton's and put an end to the political status quo of corruption and greed. I hope this election brings about a change in the way business is done in D.C., and one where politicians quit worrying about their "legacy" and start doing the things we sent them there for.

Mountainman, Bandit99, GOG and 4 others like this.
  10. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Frankly, there are some really smart and able African-Americans that would have made fantastic presidents instead of Obama. My guess is all they wanted was his skin color and someone that would play ball and since he comes from Chicago, which is probably the most crooked city in the US - well - he fit the mold.

11. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I would have been thrilled to support Allen West and I hope that I will have the opportunity in the future

GOG and Yard Dart like this.
  12. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

It seems that whole political correctness balancing act is like trying to keep an ice cube centered on a small saucer while jogging; the longer you run with it, the more slippery it gets and eventually the whole point is lost when it slips over too far on one side or the other.

1. Asia-Off-Grid
  2. Motomom34
  3. wideym
  4. Ganado
  5. Ganado
  6. Yard Dart
  7. john316
  8. Seacowboys
  9. 3M-TA3
  10. Brokor
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7