REAL ID Act

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Sep 10, 2015.

1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

It was time for my DL to be renewed and got my first taste of the REAL ID Act.
    Needed my old DL.
    Social Security card.
    Passport or birth certificate.

I brought all of them and they opted to use my Passport.
    A fairly painless process 15 minutes for the whole deal and they scanned everything. I agree with a good standard for ID and it should be required to vote.

But hearing that Cal is issuing DL's to illegals I wonder how many of them have any level of a "REAL ID" from whatever country they came from and how any ID they present would be validated

Aw barry says they are good folks I guess we can trust them.

REAL ID Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Real ID Public FAQs | Homeland Security

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Would have scanned in your SS card? I think you should be really happy they took the passport instead.

3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The "security measures" are only for those honest citizens who play by the rules. It's mostly show as any time our precious undocumented Democrats are concerned, regardless of decent person, MS13 gang tattoos, or dressed in black with Koran and scimitar, fast track exceptions are made.

Oregon tried that DL crap, and the voters shut it down via referendum. The Progressive Legislature no longer makes the mistake of passing laws the citizens can easily get to vote on, and now uses so called "Emergency Legislation" rules on each piece of crap they cram down our throats to prevent Referendum, requiring us to pass legislation by the costly Initiative process that's let's a bad law be invoked until the next election.

If I want to fly I have to show ID. "refugees", however, from the southern border regardless of nationality were given free plane rides to whatever destination they wanted with no ID and no proof of family.

It's all about their boots on our throats while criminals are free to terrorize what's left of us.

Mountainman, Marck, Brokor and 3 others like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I have to renew 20 years from now. Unless of course, they make me go get the new, 'its ok to cross the border ID' that is now out and uses your passport ID as well

5. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Odumb mass raises his arms open like Jesus Christ welcoming all Illegals to the fold of the Demo rat party, genuflects the sign of the cross, and forgives them all their sins. Knowing full well in his black heart he is admitting rapists, druggies, pedophiles, terrorists, murderers and other scum of the earth, mixed in with folks just trying to escape a corrupt impoverished violent homeland for someplace better. All are welcome under Odumb mass and no ID real or otherwise is required because all laws under the Constitution mean no more to Odumb mass than his Oath of office as president. He is a worthless POS.

Mountainman likes this.
  6. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Step 1: Let urban crime go unchecked
    Step 2: Disarm urban areas to prevent "gun crime" caused by Step 1
    Step 3: Import hoards of the worst types of criminals - gangs, terrorists, etc.
    Step 4: When the expected happens, use it as an excuse to militarize local and state law enforcement, then put them under the control of DHS.
    Step 5: Declare anyone who threatens your vision of the future like traditionalists, people dedicated to freedom (that silly "Constitution" thing), or stick to religion as Domestic Terrorists. Round them up in FEMA camps the gass them or get some nifty live action target practice in for your DHS thugs. Televise it and charge pay per view proving how much damage you have actually done socially.
    Step 6: Eliminate the useful idiots that got you here as they are no longer needed yet still remain the PIA's that you once needed them to be.
    Step 6: Bask in the warmth of being in control of a once free society. That you are now in control of a burnt out shell of a war zone is of no consequence.

7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I have posted this before, but it bears repeating...... When I travel, the only piece of ID I show to ANYONE, is my Passport. I do this for a couple of reasons...
    1. It only tells them, My NAME, My Picture, My BirthDate, & Place, and that I am, A Citizen, of the USA.... That's it, PERIOD.
    What it does NOT give them, IS, what State I am a Resident of, What My Address is, or ANY other Information that connects
    Me, to ANYTHING Else, PERIOD....
    2. The State Department Passport DataBase is Restricted, and is NOT interfaced to ANY OTHER, .GOV DataBase like NCIC, NICS, and State Law Enforcement, can't get to it, without Substantial, and Substantive Cause.
    I have often, been asked if I have a Drivers License, when I show an inquiring .GOV Entity, my Passport as ID, and UNLESS I was
    driving at the time of the Stop, I politely tell them, that is "None of their Business, and They have ALL the information, I am Legally Required to GIVE them, PERIOD" Local Cops really get bent sideways, at that answer, but they KNOW that I am Right.... I had one, ask me what I was Hiding? My reply, was, "Not a Dam Thing." He went away, Muttering to himself....
    Personal OpSec, is each of our own Personal Responsibility, and we tend to give away much more information, then we have to, due to "Bully Tactics" used on us, by our own Employees. (The Man)

8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

This confuses me because isn't CA issuing drivers licenses to illegals? How can they do that? Many of the illegals have bad paperwork so does the Real ID Act not apply to them?

@stg58 did you have to give a finger print?

stg58 likes this.
  9. stg58

@Motomom34

No prints.
    Just a retina scan and DNA sample..kidding
    But lord knows .gov would love that, many states are requiring DNA samples for an arrest on a misdemeanor without conviction and claim if not convicted they will destroy the sample.....sure.

Marck and Motomom34 like this.
  10. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

When I went to renew my DL they tried for a finger print & couldn't get a clear one. I do wonder why they needed a fingerprint with DL renewal.

11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

finger printing for the same reason the banks do.... because they can

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Y'all live in the wrong state. I went to get my DL renewed (I missed the exp. date, so it was no good) showed the old one, got a new picture and walked out the door. 5 minutes, no bs.[coo]

Marck, Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  13. stg58

@Motomom34

Looks like some states are taking it to a new/scary level.
    Just proof of citizenship no prints here,....... so far...

REAL ID Act was enacted by Congress on May 11, 2005, without significant debate. It modifies U.S. federal law pertaining to security, authentication, and issuance procedures standards for state driver’s licenses and ID cards.

In response to numerous states resisting compliance, the federal government has extended the deadline several times. In 2007, Maine and Utah led the way in passing resolutions refusing implementation.

Arkansas, Arizona, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and Washington have joined Maine and Utah in passing legislation opposing Real ID.

Similar resolutions are pending in Alaska, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Mexico, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, D.C., West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.

» Texas Plans to Implement REAL ID in 2013 Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
    Texas Plans to Implement REAL ID in 2013
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Marck, Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

plus Rob Banks, and Rape Women.... Known Gang affiliations, LosBanditoes, and ISIS in the USA......

15. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Remember the old WW2 movies where the NAZI's were always asking "where are your papers!"? Remember how that was once a distinction between a free society and an oppressive regime? Remember?

16. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@stg58 those pics are from 2013, I think some of those states have had legislation to NOT implement since then. In particular TX doesnt appear to have passed any legislation.

17. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Under Bush, the great republic of Texas was fully committed. They even tried to demand digital fingerprints in order to acquire a DL. Alex Jones was arrested for protesting it, years ago.

18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Map of states according to compliance with the REAL ID Act
    REAL ID Act drivers license and ID card compliance by state.
    In compliance
    Filed extension
    Noncompliant

The REAL ID Act of 2005, Pub.L. 109–13, 119 Stat. 302, enacted May 11, 2005, was an Act of Congress that modified U.S. federal law pertaining to security, authentication, and issuance procedures standards for the state driver's licenses and identification (ID) cards, as well as various immigration issues pertaining to terrorism.

The law sets forth requirements for state driver's licenses and ID cards to be accepted by the federal government for "official purposes", as defined by the Secretary of Homeland Security. The Secretary of Homeland Security has currently defined "official purposes" as presenting state driver's licenses and identification cards for boarding commercially operated airline flights and entering federal buildings and nuclear power plants, although the law gives the Secretary the unlimited authority to require a "federal identification" for any other purposes that the Secretary shall determine.[4]

The REAL ID Act implements the following:

Title II of the act establishes new federal standards for state-issued driver licenses and non-driver identification cards.
    Changing visa limits for temporary workers, nurses, and Australian citizens.
    Funding some reports and pilot projects related to border security.
    Introducing rules covering "delivery bonds" (similar to bail bonds but for aliens who have been released pending hearings).
    Updating and tightening the laws on application for asylum and deportation of aliens for terrorist activity.
    Waiving laws that interfere with construction of physical barriers at the borders.

On December 20, 2013, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security announced that implementation of Phase 1 would begin on January 20, 2014, which followed a yearlong period of "deferred enforcement". There are four planned phases, three of which apply to areas that affect relatively few U.S. citizens—e.g., DHS headquarters, nuclear power plants, and restricted and semi-restricted federal facilities.[5] The timeline for Phase 4, which applies to boarding federally regulated commercial aircraft, will be determined after DHS conducts an evaluation of how the first three phases were implemented. To "ensure that the public has ample advanced [sic] notice", DHS says that Phase 4 will not be implemented before January 1, 2016.[2] [bold]As of July 2015, 23 states or territories are compliant, 28 have been granted extensions, and five are noncompliant.[6][/bold]

19. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

REAL ID Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    he REAL ID Act of 2005, Pub.L. 109–13, 119 Stat. 302, enacted May 11, 2005, was an Act of Congress that modified U.S. federal law pertaining to security, authentication, and issuance procedures standards for the state driver's licenses and identification (ID) cards, as well as various immigration issues pertaining to terrorism.

The law sets forth requirements for state driver's licenses and ID cards to be accepted by the federal government for "official purposes", as defined by the Secretary of Homeland Security. The Secretary of Homeland Security has currently defined "official purposes" as presenting state driver's licenses and identification cards for boarding commercially operated airline flights and entering federal buildings and nuclear power plants, although the law gives the Secretary the unlimited authority to require a "federal identification" for any other purposes that the Secretary shall determine.[4]

The REAL ID Act implements the following:

• Title II of the act establishes new federal standards for state-issued driver licenses and non-driver identification cards.
    • Changing visa limits for temporary workers, nurses, and Australian citizens.
    • Funding some reports and pilot projects related to border security.
    • Introducing rules covering "delivery bonds" (similar to bail bonds but for aliens who have been released pending hearings).
    • Updating and tightening the laws on application for asylum and deportation of aliens for terrorist activity.
    • Waiving laws that interfere with construction of physical barriers at the borders.
    On December 20, 2013, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security announced that implementation of Phase 1 would begin on January 20, 2014, which followed a yearlong period of "deferred enforcement". There are four planned phases, three of which apply to areas that affect relatively few U.S. citizens—e.g., DHS headquarters, nuclear power plants, and restricted and semi-restricted federal facilities.[5] The timeline for Phase 4, which applies to boarding federally regulated commercial aircraft, will be determined after DHS conducts an evaluation of how the first three phases were implemented. To "ensure that the public has ample advanced [sic] notice", DHS says that Phase 4 will not be implemented before January 1, 2016.[2] As of July 2015, 23 states or territories are compliant, 28 have been granted extensions, and five are noncompliant.[6]
    [​IMG]

20. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Reduced to the minimum, if I understand all I think I know, the feds have not tried to control the state's licensing rules and regs, just establish what has to be done for using the license as ID for interstate and federal purposes. Yeah, I know, that's a strongarm tactic to get a national standard in place. On the one hand, a standard isn't too bad an idea, on the other, it's pretty intrusive as currently set up. I rather like the path some states have taken, basically telling the feds to piss off.

Brokor and techsar like this.
  1. BTPost
  2. DKR
  3. Motomom34
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Meat
  6. Legion489
  7. Brokor
  8. Matteo10572
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Yard Dart
  11. AmericanRedoubt1776