REAL ID Act

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stg58, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

What's interesting to me is that the states that make up the 'border' of the USA are the ones not complying.

2. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

Not wanting to thread drift but biometric data collection is expanding. I went to the hospital yesterday for a nuclear bone scan. In checking in through admissions I was informed the check-in procedures were changed. I have previously been in there 5 times already this year so all of my info was unchanged. The new process required my fingerprint! They had a USB fingerprint reader on the desk and I was told they would need five (5) readings with a 5 second pause between each read. I was a little annoyed in that there was no announcements of this new requirement. I asked if anyone had refused the fingerprint reading and the response was yes, one man refused and the administrator told me that was fine with the hospital they just would not provide the service he needed/wanted.
    I took that answer as bold with the attitude, too bad, no print - no service = no choice. We had previously renewed our DLs and had to provide 5 pieces of ID including a copy of our RE tax bill. And yet we have the giant department of Homeland security which encompasses just about the entire federal structure in addition most of our police forces. This department has done NOTHING to provide any real security for this nation. Our borders and coastlines are wide open. They created the TSA which does nothing to screen muslims but will annoy, embarrass the elderly, disrespect the infirm, frighten children. The TSA does do a good job of rifling through our luggage, stealing our stuff, groping people and generally acting like little Hitlers. End of rant.....
    GB

3. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Sadly it is not a rant GB.....just reality of that ever tightening noose on our right to privacy.

Brokor, stg58 and Ganado like this.
  1. BTPost
  2. DKR
  3. Motomom34
  4. Yard Dart
  5. Meat
  6. Legion489
  7. Brokor
  8. Matteo10572
  9. Yard Dart
  10. Yard Dart
  11. AmericanRedoubt1776