Really BAD advice! Do not follow this advice, ever!

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Ura-Ki, Feb 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Given a recent entanglement of a friend who has run afowel of the law, there is now a very real risk of loosing gun rights for what amounts to a petty "crime" and this is Serious, loss of a God given right!
    So, whats a feller to do if faced with something like this? You still have loved ones to protect, and now your significant other is under the scope incase they try to bypass the law and purchase for the prohibited spouse!

If faced with this most unfortunate set of circumstances, i would be purchasing Black Powder arms, cap and ball pistols and muzzle loader rifles and shotguns! While not the best solution, it may be the only solution! Black Powder are NOT FED REGULATED, there fore exempt from all regulation ( the way all guns SHOULD be)
    So, while I hope this never happens, and especially to ME, this may be the only option!

There is always the 80% builders kits, i would be remiss if I didnt mention them, but cannot condone or even recomend that as an option, less you further erode your rights as a free citizen!

2. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

3. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

:shock: :cry:

Wild Trapper, Hanzo and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Be careful. Just because it's black powder is not the issue. Certain bp cartridge arms will be regulated.
    There are also state rules that might, if not squinted at by the popo, override the feds. One source says this:
    https://www.quora.com/Can-a-convicted-felon-own-a-black-powder-rifle

To sum up the confusion:

Grandaddy's old Colt six shooter, built in 1897? Not a "firearm" to the feds, even if it uses ammo you can buy at WalMart.

An otherwise *identical* gun, only built in 1899? Modern "firearm".

A reproduction .36 caliber Colt Navy "cap & ball" six shot revolver where you have to load the powder, then the ball, then the cap (primer) in each chamber of the cylinder, made yesterday? Not a "firearm", because it's an "antique" because it doesn't take cartridges.

That same reproduction, with a conversion cylinder so you can use modern .38 caliber ammo (yes, a ".38" is actually about a .36 bore... Calling it a .38 was marketing, to indicate it was more powerful)? Modern "firearm".

See? Clear as mud... But the idea is that gangsters (the source of the definitions is a law intended originally to deal with Prohibition gangsters and Depression era bank robbers) don't use antiques or even copies of obsolete guns.

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

That and a Bic lighter will do some damage,,,kinda like Napalm..

6. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

And there in lies the pitfalls, one must do their due diligence to avoid extra entanglements!

7. Oltymer

Oltymer Monkey++

Don't forget a big knife, of course in your area these might be regulated too.

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It is amazing what one can do, for self-protection with nothing more than a "Walking Stick'....

Ganado, Salted Weapon, Hanzo and 2 others like this.
  9. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Your significant other (spouse) or otherwise could start a trust and place the firearms into the trust and list the "offender" as a trustee. The only caveat would be keeping the guns at the place of residence and all State laws which may come into play. But, as long as they aren't a felon, I don't see why it would be a bad idea.

10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@Brokor You missed Misdemeaner Domestic Violence and any “Red Flag” Court Order, also makes you a Prohibited Person... Neither of these makes you a Felon, but still Prohibited....

Hanzo, Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  11. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

How about hi powered air guns and crossbows

Zimmy, Salted Weapon, Hanzo and 3 others like this.
  12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

True, I did miss that. You pretty much are screwed for anything more than jaywalking then. Also "marijuana" user even if it has been deemed legal for medicinal purposes and such. The Feds do love their strangle hold. Well, it would work great if he wanted to give the guns to somebody he loves and could only access them if TSHTF.

13. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

How about just ignore it all. If 'they' show up to collect your firearms, hand them that old bent barrel, rusty Stevens 5A .22 rifle that dad gave 5 bucks for in 1958 (yeah....I still have it) you've been meaning to scrap anyway. Rest of my collection ? Boating accident.

Lancer, Hanzo, Ura-Ki and 4 others like this.
  14. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

as with your other preps >>>> keep OPSEC - don't let the LEOs know how deep your firearms cache goes - they might not be the confiscation squad and keep their mouth shut to the state/fed gungrabbers - and they may not ....

oldawg, Hanzo, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  15. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

In my state a firearm is defined as any device designed to propel a projectile through the use of expanding gas.
    That covers modern arms, black powder arms, and pneumatic weapons.

I have a buddy finishing up his time "working for the state" in about a month. A former hunting buddy, I checked into what might be legal for him. That's what I came up with. I was hoping he could use pneumatic weapons, because some of them are pretty respectable ballistically and could be used for deer.

Nope. Looks like it's a bow and he'd better check on that to be sure.

Hanzo, Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

Some pretty efficient slingshots out there. Anyways if you have access to a machine shop and some bolts you can make stuff. And when you disassemble it it does not look like much. Did that one time on a bet. Yah it was single shot, and looked like a pen in my shirt pocket but at close range it worked.

oldawg, Hanzo, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  17. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

This is were the concept ofthe 80% ghost weapons come into play. This is a biggie that the anti’s would like to see crimanilized and is one of the many anti-gun laws that the democratically controlled house has on the burners.
    80 Percent Arms | Best 80% Lower and 80% Lower Jigs | Top Rated
    80% Lower Jig | Finish Your 80% Lower at Home | 5D Tactical
    Ghost Guns
    Polymer80 - Home
    220, 226, and 229 80% FRAMES TOOLS AND JIGS — MATRIX PRECISION PARTS
    Best thing to do is buy the various jigs and 80% receivers and parts to complete the weapons now.

18. deMolay

deMolay Monkey+

If you have the knowledge and skill to make things, no amount of gun laws will ever work. The elite Globalist masters just do not understand, what they could unleash.

19. hot diggity

AK receivers have been made from these.

Search DIY shovel AK if you don't believe it.

[​IMG]

20. hot diggity

And then there's always Lowe's. ;) Woodgun complete.
    I do soooo want to build some nice hardwood table leg stocks for that thing, but it's termite resistant now. Salt treated.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7