Recall alert: Spam, other Hormel product found to contain metal pieces

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OldDude49, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

The U.S. Department of Agriculture issued a recall of more than 228,000 pounds of canned pork and chicken products – including Spam – made by Hormel, after customers complained that metal objects were found inside.

Hormel’s food items in question were produced on Feb. 8 through Feb. 10, 2018 at the company’s Fremont, Nebraska plant, according to the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service. Four consumer complaints and minor oral injuries have been reported from eating the products, the agency said.

The products include 12-ounce metal cans containing Spam Classic with a “best buy” date of February 2021 and production codes of F020881, F020882, F020883, F020884, F020885, F020886, F020887, F020888 and F020889. These items were shipped throughout the U.S.

Also, 12-ounce metal cans of Hormel Foods Black-Label Luncheon Loaf with a “best buy” date of February 2021 and production codes F02098 and F02108 were recalled. They were shipped only to Guam.

The USDA urges consumers with the recalled products to throw them away or return the items to their places of purchase.

Recall alert: Spam, other Hormel product found to contain metal pieces

Bandit99, Yard Dart, ochit and 2 others like this.
  2. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

[yukface]

Yard Dart and ochit like this.
  3. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I thought that was the flavor enhancer and helped it stay on the bread :rolleyes:

oldawg likes this.
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Mmmmm... SPAM and eggs, especially Bacon SPAM and egg scramble! [drooling] Without the metal shavings, BTW!!

Mountainman and ochit like this.
  5. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

Dude... don't wose out on us... [nospam]:D:D:D

oldawg likes this.
  6. ochit

ochit Monkey+

when I was a kid we used P&G bar soap and Spam or (Specially Processed American Meat) to fish for blue cat (catfish) to bait the hole the cheapest can of dog food punch it full of holes and drop it at the points or boat walks or some area recognizable and go back and forth to each honey hole as fish at different times of year moon phase or weather hold at differing depths another trick was cheapo Purina hard dog food put it in a can and wet it till it soaks up and toss on top of the water in the area you fishing. laws today in some states this is illegal but in a lawless and dire situation you do what you can. I have blended up chicken livers and used a patch of panty hose and teeth brace rubber bands used it like a sack for a treble hook and let them dry in the sun and put them in the freezer after they dry out some. like tar. use a snap swivel a foot or two off the bottom and a teardrop or pyramid weight to hold it lighter in a lake heavier in a running river or stream. on another rod put the bait a foot or two down with a float / bobber I like fishing with 3 or 4 rods with different baits and depths. I have caught bigger fish within 10 foot of the bank than in deeper water -- depending on season and water temp.

7. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Not a problem here, I would eat the dogs canned food before spam :)

ochit likes this.
  8. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

[​IMG]

9. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

:D:D:D have heard it said... some people can't hang? or was that somethin about can't run with... stay on the porch :D:D:D

J/K:D

Thunder5Ranch and oldawg like this.
  10. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I went through half my food stores last week and discovered that I have about 50 cans of Spam that will expire around the end of the year. Told the wife that she will have to have more of the product on a regular basis....she gave me the nasty look. ;)
    I guess it looks like a lot of bacon spam and other types may be all mine for the eating.... I hope she likes to eat grass when SHTF, I have a lot more spam to boot that will last for some time!!! :lol:

Dont likes this.
  11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I have to think that Lola will help you rotate the stock ----

Tully Mars, OldDude49 and Yard Dart like this.
  12. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

man has a point:D

1. techsar
  2. techsar
  3. techsar
  4. DKR
  5. BTPost
  6. Motomom34
  7. Oddcaliber
  8. VHestin
  9. JC Refuge